What is the best smelling laundry detergent/fabric softener combo?

I want to find out the best detergent and fabric softener combo to make my family's clothes smell great.

What do you use that smells good?

Favorite Answer

i chose a vanilla-lavender type of softener. and all my clothes smell nice! I put 2 caps or more cause i have a heavy load. Smells great every time!!

you can choose any cheap or whatever's on sale that has a lavender-vanilla smell.

Here are the best smelling fabric softener: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?index=hpc&keywords...

Everyone will have a different taste in smell. I normally go by best ratings and see what others say is the best, base off reviews. I use to go by smell but then it was more of a price issue due to limited funds, I go with what is the cheapest which is why I been going with no name brands. I always loved the Snuggle smell which was what I always got in the past, its either that or the bounce smell. Both are really good. Tide is good as well. They are all at the top for me.

I use Tide (any scent, but I like the original powder best) and for fabric softener, I use Downy Simple Pleasures in Lavender & Vanilla. It's the purple box. I LOVE how my clothes smell, and they smell clean all day long. If you really want a good match, you can get the Tide Simple Pleasures soap to match the fabric softener.

Because I have sensitive skin (also great for children) I use ALL free & clear. It is a white bottle, and is a really great price, it is 2X more efficient so you only use a little (which is labeled on the cap).. I also use liquid Suavetal (the cheaper brand at walmart--the white one is the BEST!) or liquid Snuggle (in the pink bottle.. called Vanilla & Jasmine Kisses or something or other)

They work perfectly, smell great together! I have never had any complaints!

My favorite smelling detergent is All Concentrated in the little green bottle. It's their Wild and fresh smell. It has a bunch of spring flowers on it. It makes the whole house smell great while I'm doing laundry.

Looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/All-Concentrated-Laundry-Det...

Source(s): personal experience.
  • PmY

Mrs. Meyer's products are phenomenal. Any combination of the detergent and fabric softener scents will produce great aromas. I like to wash my clothes in the geranium and use the lavender fabric softener. These are the only "Green" products I buy on a regular basis.

I use Tide Simply Clean with Suavitel both bottles are yellow, it smells too good! Suavitel is cheap but I love the way it smell. Also try Suavitel the red bottle too.

Gain original is what I like.

Have you tried FUG ? It's great stuff. If Rinso won't rinse it, and Duz doesn't do it ... FUG it !!

Source(s): Experience