Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

MY UNION SOLD ME OUT BEFOR MY ARBITRATION WHAT IS MY NEXT MOVE?

MY SON WAS INJURED AT DAY CARE I HAD TO TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL AND I TURNED IN ALL PAPERWORK. I WAS FIRED FOR THE SUPERVISOR LYING ON ME WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS GOING ON. I FOLLOWED MY UNION PROCEDURES BUT THEY BACKED OUT ON ME SAY LACK OF EVIDENCE AND THEY CAUGHT MY SUPERVISOR LYING IN MY GREIVANCE MEETING.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My guess is that they both had it in for you! management and the union both! they conspired together to do nothing, which is just as bad as blatantly screwing you over! so, keep all your paperwork, hospital bills, any and all information that shows you went to the hospital etc. you must get all hearing info, if they have tape recorded hearings, then get ahold of the tapes, write down anything anyone said, what they did, the dates and time are important as well. the management has fired you, so you will have to go after their asses for WRONGFUL TERMINATION! SUE THEM FOR DAMAGES, LOST WAGES, MENTAL DISTRESS! PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY DAMAGES! remember, to keep all records, information as well. call around to different lawyers in your city to see who handles all employment law cases. if your black the lawyers will readily take your case and play the race card, if your white, you will have a tougher time as they dont have to cater to race issues. either way, find an employment lawyer that can consult/sit down with you, go over your case, make sure you have a union contract with you, the policies etc. sounds to me like the employer has joined up with your union reps and they sold out! ive seen this a million times where the idiot union reps go out and golf with the employer and the management still controls the decisions and influences the union reps actions for informal promises of promotions. i workded for a police dept. and our union reps sold us out on pay raises telling us false information, asking us to sign it, the raises never appeared!! lol! those same union idiots were all promoted to ranks of lieutenants over night! they were given cushy desk jobs and making a nice 85k annually, and oh yea, they had weekends off! how many cops have every weekend off lol... the fix was later revealed, but anyway, consult with an attorney on employment law, your days are over their for awhile, maybe for good. you can sue them for damages, but it sounds like they want you out anyway. if they just screwed you and you were the model employee, man i would sue them to the high heavens, get your paperwork together, screw them! wrongful termination is a serious issue in the workforce today, firing someone and denying due process or if the union sat on their asses they the employer and union can be held liable! it soundsl like the union reps a sellout!!! he must have a promotion coming.... good luck! ive been there before! i won my arbitration as i documented every single thing, made copies, hell, i beat the sheriff of our county in arbitration lol.... PAPERWORK!! GET YOUR PAPWERWORK TOGETHER!!!

Source(s): UNIONS SELL OUT TOO!
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

When the union wont' back you up the only thing you can do is get the paperwork from the hospital and resubmit to your work. Your supervisor doesn't have the last say talk to HR or your supervisors boss directly. Unless they were really displeased with your work and wanted to get rid of you that would be the way to do it.

But right now with today's economy you might have been a sacrificial lamb, the unions aren't that good anymore, at one time they really back upped the workers now they just take extra money out of your pay check, go to unemployment and file now.

• 1 decade ago

Putting your faith in a union was your first mistake. Move to a state that is right to work and get away from all of that crap. Im sorry about your son and your job. Sounds like someone is giving you the screws.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.