Should high school or middle school teachers ask you (a student0 about your relationships?

Okay so me and my girlfriend just started dating. Well our friends are okay with it although every once in awhile someone will make a joke which i don't care. But one time me and my gf were hanging out by ourselves and were holding hands and hugging, you know? Very PG if you ask me. Well i guess a teacher saw... show more Okay so me and my girlfriend just started dating. Well our friends are okay with it although every once in awhile someone will make a joke which i don't care. But one time me and my gf were hanging out by ourselves and were holding hands and hugging, you know? Very PG if you ask me. Well i guess a teacher saw us and the next day the idiot was like "so you and BLANK are girlfriend girlfriend or what?" I felt embarrassed as heck (no one was around) and I just rolled my eyes and the idiot was like "oh it's okay sorry you don't have to tell me."
Should teachers do that? I feel kind offended somehow.