Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Are all members of the ALF vegetarian?

You know, you can love animals even with a passion, and still eat meat, when talking about cows or chickens specifically bred for meat, when they are already dead and cooked. Just a legitimet question here people.

Thanks.

• Legs
    Favorite Answer

ALF calls for veganism.

And yes, you most definitely can love animals and still eat meat. But I think it's the point of picking and choosing which animals you love and want to protect, and which ones you have killed and then eat that rile some people up. Maybe not you specifically, I don't know you.

I'm vegan, and not what I would consider an animal lover. Puppies and bunnies don't exactly make me swoon, but I can still recognize what's right, and feel I have a moral obligation to not cause suffering when I can help it. So I don't eat animal products or support companies that test on animals, when I can help it. It's not because I love all these animals more than life itself, it's just the right thing to do, for me, anyhow.

I don't love republicans but I'm not going to eat one.

Edit: Wow, I got on a tangent there...

• .

While I'm sure there are a few meat eaters who would break into animal testing labs and "pretend" to be ALF, by ALF's own definition, being vegan is kind of required.

Animal Liberation Front??

I think they're vegan, I don't know much about them though, they're a bit extreme.

No offense, but I don't love unnecessary death... And that's what killing animals is.

I know some animals die during plant production, but it's NOTHING like what dies and the torment that farms animals experience.

Good question though!

=)

A wise person I saw on tv said he didnt climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots. I do admire the self control and discipline vegans and vegetarians must have to skip out on the most delicious part of many people's diet. But I totally agree with the guy on tv.:)

• Bret

Every organization from police to evangelists have their hypocrites. With the ALF, their hypocrisy is inherent since they strive for the welfare of some animals by wilfully causing harm to other animals (humans).

Well if they aren't they better keep it to themselves. You can mess with PETA, but ALF is apt to bomb your place.

Stay clear of them.

yes. you can't love something and want it dead.