Kii asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

why is it side swiped bangs and color streaked hair is called emo?

i told my little brother and sister i wanted my bangs to the side and to streak my hair purple or pink and they automatically say, 'you're emo.' whats up with that? why does everything have a stereotype? im not emo and dont have anything against those that are, i just like the hair, simple as that. i think its nice.i dont have to be emo to like the side bangs and want colors in my hair right.

• b
    Favorite Answer

Because people simply associate those type of haircuts with "emo kids". Like you said it's a huge stereotype. Although if this was 2005 again you would see girls AND guys walking around with those haircuts.. But now it's just a stereotype.

Side Swiped Bangs

side swipe bangs are the best, and they always look good. i have the same hairstyle, and my hair never comes out of a ponytail lol.

well little kids pick stuff up off tv so the probably saw a person say to another person "hey your emo" or something like that so that is not emo!

:)

side swiped bangs arent emo what are u talking about

• whaaat

oh, god.