Can someone please help me with my daughters belly button piercing?

I want to get my daughters belly button pierced this weekend. She has a slight heart murmur and since she needs antibiotics before she has dental work, I need to know if she will be needing antibiotics before getting her belly button pierced as well. She is 4 by the way and currently not on any other meds . Thank you!

of course I'm serious. Why would I waste points if I wasn't serious.

Favorite Answer

Yes...whatever antibiotics she takes prior to dental work would be correct. Get her something dainty and cute...when I got my son's stuff pierced (he was 7) I got him the Hercules BarBell at the Disney store. Way cute.

Like others have mentioned, that is just plain STUPID to get your daughters belly button peirced at age 4. What good will it do? Theres really no point, just putting a hole through your baby's flesh for no reason. You should wait until she is older, when she may want it. Ugh... people these days!!

But if you really are INSISTING on jabbing a needle through her belly button, i suggest you talk to a doctor first about the anti biotics. Haha, i think you should take a camera along, and snap a pic of the doctors AND peircers PRICELESS FACES when you tell them you want your FOUR YEAR OLDS BELLY BUTTON PEIRCED.

How sad, this is even coming from a teenager.

Some people................

Just to let you know now, unless the peircer just wants money and doesnt care, he is most likely not going to peirce her belly button because she is very short and is not nearly done growing into her adult height, which as she grows, would cause the peircing hole to stretch and become ruined.

(Knowing from experience because i went to get it done when i was 12 and was pretty short then).

I truly hope you meant she is 14, and forgot the 1....

Shes 8, honestly, I highly doubt any piercer would actually pierce an 8 year old other than lobes. Your daughter is still growing, and has much growing to do. Remember, a piercing goes THROUGH the skin. Your daughter will be growing both wider and taller, so that skin that is keeping the bar inside will grow and stretch, and the bar will most likely end up rejecting. Shes waaay too young. Please, be a responsable adult and dont let an 8 year old get her bellybutton pierced. Theres a reason you dont see little kids with a bunch of piercings.

You are getting a 4 year olds belly button pierced? I've never heard of such a thing. The only person who could help you with this question (if it's even real) is your doctor. First, he/she will know the history of your daughter's medical condition. Second, he/she will know if antibiotics are needed. Lastly, if antibiotics are needed, your doctor is going to be the one who prescribes them. I am sure there are all different mind sets on piercings, but my kids couldn't get their belly button pierced until they were 18. That way it was their legal decision plus they had to pay for it. Only 1 of my adult children decided to go through with it.

Are you fricking nuts wanting to get a 4 year olds belly button pierced. I don't think any piercing place in their right mind would pierce a four year olds belly button. I you sure you don't mean 14. If that's what you mean then I would go ask the doctor she goes to for her heart. But if you are doing this for a four year old you are looking for a lot of criticism on here for doing that.

You must be mad to consider having her belly button pierced, especially at such a young age. It is not only going to hurt a lot but it puts her at major risk of infection. An infected belly button piercing is very common and this will be more so the case in a small child whose personal hygiene will immature (she's going to be touching it with unwashed hands, perhaps letting friends touch it, etc). And with her heart problems, this just puts her at further risk.

If you must have her get a piercing then just stick with the ears. It's safer, cleaner and is less of a risk to her.

You are insane!!!!!

I dont mean to offend you, but you are. I was 18 when i had it done and there is so much more to just piercing it. Its not like piercing your ears. There is a waaaaaay longer healing time and most of the time( iknow because all the girls i know who were over 18 by the way had it done) it gets infected and thats not something you want your 4 year old to be dealing with. one because you need to clean it like five time a day and even if you are on top of it if she is playing with it throughout the day its worse.

Take my advice and dont do it. You are insane if you do.....but if you do take here to get it done im not sure any legit place will do it and if you dont want it to be a major issue DO NOT take her to some back alley place. Its not sanitary......

Well in all honesty, you are a little late, hon. Mine got this done at age 3..but better late than never, right? I would recommend the meds..just in case. Are you tatting as well? I would do it all as a double whammy..the tramp stamp, the belly button...maybe a lip or nose piercing. I hope you two have a wonderful day together! Top it off with a trip to Chuck E Cheese. What a little princess!

Start the same antibiotics she takes before Dental Work and she'll be fine. Make sure you get her a belly shirt, short shorts and a cute pair of heels to really show that belly piercing off!

Just keep on the antibiotics like when she has dental work.

Kinda interesting a four year old has had "dental work" already at such a young age, then again you're talking about piercing a four years old belly button...

Source(s): LoL o_O

Whats the point? I mean seriously whats the ******* piont of piercing a four year old's belly button. I dont think your daughter needs any meds I think you do.