How to deal with a friend/roommate that SMELLS BADLY quite often.?

We'd be sitting together and there would be random whiffs of ROTTEN CORPSES (or anything that smells very bad). This is quite often (every day) and he doesn't even notice it... Like he's become use to the stench... but... I REALLY DO.

This sounds silly, but sadly it's a real problem!

How do i approach him about his "problem". Especially since this guy is on the sensitive side.

Favorite Answer

Well don't scream "YOU SMELL LIKE ROTTING CORPSES" the next time he sits next to you!!!!!! Sensitive or not, something must be said, but very very VERY gently. Sit him down and say "I am so sorry if this upsets you but quite honestly lately I have noticed that you have been carrying a bit of an odor on you lately, I was wondering if there was anything we could do, like find you a new soap or something to make this better"

Do it alone, not in a group, and sure as hell don't hand him some soap and say "here, this is called soap, you should try it sometime!! P.S. you use it in this thing called a shower!!!!" He may get mad, but he may also realize he has a problem and now people are noticing. Maybe it's medical, who knows! Good luck either way!!

• jazzyj

I don't think there is a " sensitive" way to approach this " stinky" situation w/o him being offended. So you can either think about his feelings, and ignore the smell, or let him know in so many words that you need him to shower, or you may have to find another roommate!

Sit down with him and say "I'm doing this for your own good and because if it were me I would want to know. You kind of smell bad sometimes so I think it would help if when you showered you used this scented body wash and after you can use this [really strong] deoderant."

• u should get hem a air freshener thing or get hem some kind of soap that smells really good mm :9 orrrrrrrrrrrr tell hem to take a shower or a bath i mean its for his own good :) hopefully it is the best way to solve the problem orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr get hem cologne

Source(s): :) mah problems

try kidding with him about it. that's what i do when my husband stinks. when he comes into the room, just say "whoa! did you just work out or what? you're pretty ripe!" you can also try getting him some of that axe shower gel or some other kind that you really like the smell of and tell him that girls go nuts for that stuff. he might get the hint that way.

approach him gently, tell him that you really care about him and healthy habits make a better person. Say that the only reason your telling him is because you care and it is better you than someone else. As long as your gentle i'm sure he'll understand

Well maybe you should buy him Axe body wash and some Listerine pocket pacs As a gift to your friendship and then maybe you should have the talk with him.

tell him look man im sorry but you gotta take care of ur BO dood. liek really tell him. i had to do that once. it wasnt so bad. even if they get pissed off, hay, they arent caring about how u feel are they? thats disgusting and unsanitary/

if hes really ur friend the he wont be to pissed or when he opp ion just keep saying what is that smell maybe hell figure out its himself

dont be mean about it,

maybe, for his birthday or another day, buy him whatever product you think will make him smell nicer as a gift.

it wont seem obvious, but it will help.

:)