promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the conversion for blood alcohol content to serum blood alcohol level?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no perfect conversion comparing blood alconol content (BAC) with serum alcohol content (SAC). A rough estimate can be calculated using the following formula: BAC = SAC/1.14.

Source(s): Pharmacist
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Serum Alcohol Level

• 1 decade ago

The difference is water content between serum and whole blood varies so that dividing a serum alcohol concentration by 1.1 or 1.2 will give you the correct whole blood equivalent about 90% of the time. For example, 110 mg/dL serum/1.1 or 1.2 is 100 or 92 mg/dL - that's the likely minimum and maximum range. In some cases involving unusually high or low hematocrit at the same time as the blood sample could produce slightly higher or lower blood alcohol equivalents but the difference is small and the formula to make the conversion using hematocrit is complex. I have compared many blood and serum alcohol test results and found that using the simple 1.1 or 1.2 works very well.

Source(s): I am a forensic psychopharmacologist, research scientist, author of several texts and have authored many peer-reviewed publications on blood alcohol analyses, including serum to blood calculations. I deal with this type of analyses every day.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the conversion for blood alcohol content to serum blood alcohol level?

Source(s): conversion blood alcohol content serum blood alcohol level: https://shortly.im/Rd5gD
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

conversion blood alcohol content serum blood alcohol level

• 4 years ago

10%

• men7al
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

daddy is right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.