Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what does "walk the walk" mean?

What does it mean?

I'm not an American.

Give me some examples.

when do you use this phrase?

• Chadd
    Favorite Answer

This expression is part of another expression that goes like this:

"You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?"

"Talking the talk" is sort of what it sounds like -- you can talk about doing something, you can make it sound good.

"Walking the walk" is actually DOING what you've said. It's giving your words real meaning by acting on them.

Because so many people know the full expression, you will hear people abbreviate it to one part or the other. So, if you hear someone say, "He only talks the talk," that means the person is good at talking about what he should do, but maybe not so good at following through. If you hear someone say, "Can you walk the walk?" it means can you deliver one what you say? Can you do the things you say you can do?

I might use this phrase at my job when I'm working with some other people on a project. Bill, one of the people on the team, says, "I'll have my part done by Wednesday." I know he is being unrealistic, so I say, "Yeah, you can talk the talk, Bill, but are you going to walk the walk?" In other words, I'm questioning whether he'll do what he says.

Let's say I'm thinking about hiring Linda, but her resume seems really long and padded. I call Linda's past supervisor to see what kind of worker she is, and he says, "Linda can talk the talk AND walk the walk." That would tell me that her resume is long for a reason.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awUXx

The ball park figure is one mile. Average distance from home to a local light rail or bus station when one has no automobile or other vehicle to travel by. Like within walking distance from the hotel, from home, from the theater and that could mean anything from a few blocks to a few miles depending on the specificity of the person asking. When I say walking distance I mean a quick stroll about 7 blocks. If it is say, a mile or further it then becomes too far to walk within a reasonable length of time in a city on a main street in the 21st Century. But walking distance in Italy is as far as you can walk before you can't walk any longer. HE HE.

my sources tell my that Walk the Walk is a 1970 exploitation film produced by Kroger Babb. Released by Babb's Hallmark Productions company, it was written and directed by Jac Zacha and told the story of a young African-American man battling addiction to alcohol and heroin. however, there is anther saying that goes: you've talked the talk now wal the walk. this means that youve done the taking part to explain youre self and now you must walk the walk. eg: surrender on a pirate ship. you talk then you have to walk the plank. eg2: you disrupted class now you need to go to the headmaster.

hope tis is what youre looking for and sorry its so long.

phoenix galloway

Source(s): wikipedia.com my own knowledge

Walk the walk means to live up to your word

the saying goes with you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk.

It means that you say all this stuff and you claim all this stuff(this is the talk the talk side(

But can you actually do it ( walk the walk)

For instance and example would be a swimmer they could say all this stuff about how great they were and they could talk like a winner and be all confident but when it comes to a race can they win the race and complete any targets they had.

Hope this helped.

RE:

what does "walk the walk" mean?

What does it mean?

I'm not an American.

Give me some examples.

Source(s): quot walk walk quot mean: https://trimurl.im/a80/what-does-quot-walk-the-wal...
  • Field

walk walk

Actions speak louder than words.

Basically, it means "can you back up what you're saying?"

talk the talk, for example. given all she does is talk and walk the walk means keep your words and do it, please do not just talk