Why do some American Christians get so worked up about Obama's policies? They're gonna be Raptured soon anyway?

Or do they really not believe all that Rapture stuff?

(((Cap'n and Cindy)))

Hi, Eds! *hugs*

((((Moon))))

Missed you, too! I had a spat with my scuzzbucket-ridden ISP. Lol.

((((Mac)))

(((Purdey)))

Favorite Answer

Better than best.

Maybe you should read the bible so you get a better understanding of the rapture.

What are you talking about? Nobody know when.

Matt 24: 36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mark 13: 32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

People (not just christians) care about the economy. Look at the unemployment in your own area odds are it is above 5 percent. Christians care about the poor and the unemployed not just abortions. God bless you.

• Eds

Hi Zilla,

I have never been one to follow the "Rapture Story". My belief in the Book of Revelation is a bit different then theirs is. I do not get too concerned over such policies any more. I do believe that we have made mistakes in every administration's policies throughout the years and that we will continue to do so. Have a great week.

Thanks,

Eds

~~~

.

Source(s): LOVE I F E . . .

I think down deep, most don't really believe that stuff. I am a preterist, so I think Revelation was already fulfilled, but I think many of the evangelicals really don't have much understanding of their faith and just really don't quite believe the rapture concept to be true.

Additionally many are very legalistic and moralistic, except with their own shortcomings, so they are the first to criticize anyone who offers change.

It is nice to have a President who seeks world cooperation and can actually think. Thinking scares extremists, like many right wingers are.

Source(s): PhD Religion, Minister, professor

They probably think Obama can outlaw the rapture. Oddly enough according to the reading from Acts this Sunday, right after Christ's death and resurrection, the early Christians pooled all their money and gave it to whomever needed it. I guess maybe their Bibles don't have that part. Good to see you. ((((Zilla))))

Rapture believing Obama disliking Christians in America cannot be a much larger subset than... well, than guys who like Harlequin Romance novels.

Sure they're out there but why go looking unless you really want to?

Source(s): :)

My problem with Barack Obama is the same one I had with his predecessor George W. Bush. They both end up spending more money than the Federal Government takes in as revenue. This was not a sound fiscal policy under Bush, and it continues to be an unsound fiscal policy under Obama.

I hope this helps.

Source(s): Agnostic who understands the unknown can not be proved.

Why would we not care? The bible makes it clear that we are to be ready for the return of our Lord. What does this entail? Among the obvious of prayer, Bible study, living repentantly,etc.. We are supposed to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.

Think about it, if we love the Lord and desire to do His will then we are to love others as He did. He knew that He was going back to Heaven to be with the Father, but He didn't just sit around waiting. He ministered. performed miracles, and saved people. In other words He was busy about doing God's will, just as we should be.

The rapture doctrine is not part of orthodox historic Christianity. If you did your research, which of course you are too lazy to do, you'd know that neither Augustine, Calvin, Luther, Edwards, or Wesley believed it. Only TV preachers and a few fundamentalists accept this doctrine invented by John Darby in 1830. Traditionally, Catholics, Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Methodists reject dispensationalism. Christ is coming to redeem and restore his creation, not destroy it.

ANY intelligent American should be furious about an administration that is spending a trillion dollars it doesn't have, enslaving future generations into crushing debt. Intelligent Americans also oppose the expansion of child-murder, the legalization of sodomite marriages, the slandering of veterans as "terrorists," and Obama's opposition to our right to defend ourselves from criminals. This administration is doing nothing to reduce crime or debt. Millions of intelligent Americans of all religions and ideologies are aghast at our betrayal by this president.

(((Zilla))) Missed you the last few days.

Pity about some Darbyite Christians not liking Obama: The way it's going he's shaping up to be one of the best men ever to be President.

They are just not a very bright bunch, one could write volumes on what they don't know or cannot understand. Their tendency toward racism has been clearly documented and they see President Obama as the latest "anti-Christ".

It is obvious that these people are not deep thinkers!