Can a persons personality actually make them more physically attractive?

We aren't all super models. We all don't have those curvy hips or rock solid abs. That perfect skin, or vibrant tamed hair.

So could a persons personality, someone with a lovely heart, being not so "wow" when it comes to physical appearance, actually be, in a way, physically attractive because they are just a lovely person?

Favorite Answer

I tend to fall in love with a person because of their personality. Appearance takes the back seat.

I will never win prizes in the category of beauty. I accepted that a long time ago. I try to see beyond appearances. I'm not saying that eye candy isn't nice, but I want to be with someone I can be with.

I've met people that were physically attractive enough to make the waistband of your underwear ignite, but had about the same personality as an empty beer can; makes you want to take a drink, but there's nothing in there.

I want to be with someone who can be my best friend. I can see beyond a few extra pounds, a slightly gangly build, teeth that aren't perfect, a scar here and there. After all, they're stuck with me, ink, battle damage and all.

D

Oh yeah, definitely.

It works both ways; sometimes I meet an incredibly hot guy and fancy the hell out of him, then once I get to know him and realise he's an ********, he's suddenly not very attractive at all anymore.

I think in the end, it's personality that makes you really fall for someone. People have huge internet crushes without even knowing what the person looks like. And no long-term relationship would work out if the attraction was based only on looks.

=]

Attractiveness is subjective, much like pain, unmeasurable by any means. So, to answer your question simply, no. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, see, subjectivity?

That would, if I am not mistaken, be mental attractiveness, compared to physical. Physical is, as you most likely know, is something comprised of matter, where as mental could be called an electrical charge(which, although could be physical if you wanted to get technical). But then again, the whole subject is subjective, a different opinion and perspective for everything.

Lovely is as lovely does, and with that said, I think its simple to figure out my view(what makes you do such lovely things?).

Source(s): I don't know. I'm tired...

ABSOLUTELY!

If i meet a physically attractive person and they arent emotionally beautiful, then i dont seem them as beautiful as i once did. Thus....meeting a less physically attractive person with a beautiful heart is instantly more appealing in every way.

You are never going to continue to find someone attractive as WHOLE if they only appeal physically......i think that would lead to pursuing lust, without the emotional connection with someone with whom appeals to you personality wise.

Yes a good personality can make an average man look like a male model...

As I get to know a man his personality and especially his level of confidence either attracts me makes me disinterested...

There's a girl I know, I won't name names or anything, but she's not my type at all, not all that curvy, kinda sorta really pale complexion, not a round face, short hair, and yet, despite that she's not my type at all, she's got a personality that works with her body and she as a person just makes me melt, she makes my knees weak. So, to answer your question directly: YES.

Source(s): me.

Most definitely. There are some people who, when you get to know them, become so much more attractive- everything sort of comes together, so their crooked teeth are suddenly part of that charming smile you love so much, or you start to realize that those eyes you once thought were kind of droopy are actually heavy-lidded and romantic-looking.

And so on.

It certainly happens for me.

• rose p

I always thought that my beloved Gwenneth was beautiful. Her personality and mind only added to the external beauty to make a beautiful human being.

I wish that I could have been more like her in the way she could forgive her family's rejection and hateful words if we met them. I would have been a better person and probably saved myself much grief when she died.

Rose P.

Yes... I met a guy over Christmas break and even though he looked amazing, he had the best personality that I've ever seen. If you mean by great personality funny, charming, kind, thoughtful, and chivalrous then yes, it can.

Yes, a sense of humor to me is like rock solid abs to someone else.

I'd rather date/sleep with someone who was funny and outgoing then I would a dumbshit supermodel.