Wouldn't you have LOVED it if President Obama would have stood up & defended our Country?

I was kinda disappointed that the President just sat there for 50 minutes and listen to our nation being trashed by Daniel Ortega.

Every thing Ortega said was a lie about our country and this coming from a brutal dictator who has people shot at his word and sends the families a bill for the bullets.

Wouldn't you have loved to see him just stand up and defend our nation against lies and distorations

• Joyful
    Favorite Answer

All Obama has done is ridiculed America to other nations. He doesn't know how to speak kindly regarding the great USA. It sure would have been nice if he would have said something good about the USA>

Why? What do you think would have been gained, exactly?

I don't know what Ortega said, but most likely much of it was accurate. I'm guessing you don't know much about the facts of the case.

Brutal dictator? Uh, elected leader. Somoza, who we supported for decades was a brutal dictator. Nicaruagans fought long and hard to gain the right to elect Ortega his first term. Then Reagan paid thugs to try to overthrow him by blowing up elementary schools, and health clinics, full of pregnant women,a nd babies getting inoculations.

No, I'd have hated for him to a) make an utter *** of himself; b) alienate everyone who knows the facts.

Do you have ANY credible evidence that Ortega has murdered people as president? A Quote from your Prophet Rush is not credible.

I would like to know exactly what Mr. Ortega said before I jump to conclusions.

See that's the difference between most Americans and Rep's. We The People know that we as a nation did wrong. You can't defend something when you know it's morally wrong.

• Bug

Seems to me that Ortega is allowed to speak his mind and voice his opinion.

Remember that old saying, "Don't argue with an idiot, a passer-by might not be able to tell the difference"?

Sometimes, discretion calls for silence.

Defended it from Southern, right-wing religious fanatics? Heck yeah!

I would love it if you would try looking up the facts before posting these "questions". Name one thing Ortega said that was a lie? He's not a dictator nor is there any record of anything you're accusing him of. So, yeah...you're pretty clueless.

• Boss H

It showed he truly believed in freedom of speech, which you obviously do not.

Even Ortega is entitled to his opinion, and entitled to express it in a peaceful way, even if he wasn't PC enough for your nationalist sensibilities.

how can he defend the action of Bush? America is only as great as its leaders! I am not defending Ortega-but this country has been judged by the actions of our gov. Seeing as how they take our tax money for their personal wants, and don't give enough money to our school systems or our single parents-I can see how America is unjustly viewed.

• Sakal

Obama shouldn't lie about our country. I am proud of him for it. Why should he defend country that has KKK KLAN plotting assassinations against his life and families? 1/4 of the country hates him because of his policies and let's not forget the color of his skin. The tea klan parties says it all!

Get real!