Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

north carolina democrat?

im doing a paper for a college course about why north carolina has voted democrat in 2008. any help is appreciated

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because of economic hard times hitting North Carolina extremely hard. Bush and right wing politics contributed to the economic collapse, so people rallied behind Obama and the left wing naturally rather than Mccain who represented the destructive Bush agenda. Also the historic instance of having a black candidate running for president. North Carolina has a high black population and they turned out in large numbers to be a part of a history. Also, there has been a migration of educated people to North Carolina recently.. educated people are more likely to vote democrat. They moved to the state because of the beautiful eastern coast.

Source(s): North Carolina exit polls : http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#NC...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ya many people voted democrat because they wanted to repudiate the actions of Bush. They saw the republican party as no different then what the last 8 years has been so they voted democrat.

unfortunately most people don't realize that it doesn't matter if a republican or democrat is in office because they are just 2 sides of the same coin. No matter who is in office the same agenda is pushed forward.

Example: People were against the patriot act, and rendition. Obama promised to end those but has not. People wanted gitmo closed and Obama promised that but once he went into office we signed a bill that said he would look into it in 16 months.

Now I not anti-Obama because I know that like Bush they were just puppets. At the highest levels they are controlled by the same people.

Green Tea is awesome makes a good point.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know. Weird though since Charlotte is going down the crapper. I know so many people who lost their jobs from there. It's a shame. Well, hey they voted for him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because a bunch of yuppies moved there over the past few years and screwed everything up as yuppies are known to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because the better candidate won.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.