Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Veterans, are you satisfied with the apology from DHS Janet Napolitano?

Favorite Answer

We want Janet Napolitano FIRED!

And just so it's perfectly clear, we DON'T want her to resign (either gracefully or in disgrace) and we DON'T want an apology, whether it's sincere or backhanded, like the 'slap-in-the-face' apology she gave the men and women who have wore a uniform and proudly served this country.

We want Janet Napolitano FIRED... and we want it yesterday!

You see, the problem is not just that Janet Napolitano's Department of Homeland Security (DHS) put together a so-called anti-terrorism security assessment that targets mainstream Americans as dangerous extremists.

We're talking about people who believe that our government is too large and taxes us too much, or that the 2nd Amendment actually gives people the right to bear arms, or that our immigration laws should be strictly enforced or, horror of all horrors, that life actually begins at conception.

And the problem is not simply that this so-called security assessment targets patriotic Americans - and they are talking about YOU - as "right wing extremists," or, as Peter Kirsanow, with the U.S. Commission on Human Rights put it:

“That DHS report warning about all manner of ‘right-wing extremists’ could be considerably shortened if it simply alerted law-enforcement officials to be on the lookout for people from ‘small towns (who are) bitter (and) cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment.’”

The problem is that this is the same Janet Napolitano who just recently told us that horrendous, unspeakable acts committed by actual terrorists should be called “man-caused disasters."

Specifically she told Der Spiegel:

“In my speech, although I did not use the word 'terrorism,' I referred to 'man-caused' disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.”

So... when it comes to actual acts or threats of terrorism against mainstream Americans, we should move beyond the "politics of fear."

Source(s): GrasstopsUSA Action Alert Newsletter

Hell no ! Just one of the many resons why I left the USA and am retired in the Philippines ! Only an Idiot would make such a statement and it's just a reflection of how screwed up the country is right now.

Source(s): USN Retired.

Nope

Excuse me but you forgot to include our Constitutionally based 3rd parties that were accused of being terrorist oriented. Thanks! Ohh, ohh, daggone it, I almost forgot the Americans that own private firearms, their accused of being potential terrorists too! Great post, Later!

Damnit! I forgot congressman Ron Paul & pastor Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution party! Again grea...Sheet! I forgot former & reformed repub congressman Bob Barr our Libertarian party prez candidate, he was a listed terrorist too! I think that covers it! Thanks for the post!

PS... forgot the firearms manufactures & firearms dealers too!

Source(s): Excuse me, my memory is slipping at my age... don't forget our NRA & other pro 2nd amendment groups targeted as terrorists too! PS x 2... the bullet/primer & case manufacture's they are high on the list too! Best of day to you! Dagnabit,,, the powder boys the guys that make the gun powder there the #1 on the potential terrorist list! if I missed ANY, let me know will ya?

As much as I was when "Hanoi Jane" apologized. Not two cents worth of difference.

• tw3

Apology should not be accepted. The mere fact that it was said shows their mindset.

• Dean M

Not at all. I may not even stay in the country, looking for jobs overseas.

Janet dear, evidently we are all right wing wackos and the vets are terrorists waiting to be unleashed. May I ask a question? Janet your paranoid schizophrenic nature is showing so please take your psychotropic drugs on time, please

Not just No. but HELL NO! I FOR ONE AM STILL verry Bitter about the way we were and are STILL treated. Thats why I am still in therapy on this problem

Source(s): personal experience