Running a red light and possibly getting a ticket?

When I left my house for work, my gas light came on. I didn't have time to get gas before work as I was already running late (It takes me about 20 min. to get there), so I figured I would just get gas after work... Well, I was at this red light to turn left and I was there for a long time!! The people that was across from my lane (that got there after me) that would usually go at the same time with went once and about 5 min. later their light turned green again and I went when they went, because I thought my light was broken. The light has a camera and I don't know if I'll get a ticket, but just incase who would I talk to about that? I j/ didn't want to run out of gas at that red light and have to run to the gas station for only 5 gal. of gas and have to run back to my car (which would have been blocking the intersection because I would not push it up that hill by myself w/ out it running me over) just to drive to the gas station again to finish filling up my car. Any answers will be greatly appreciated!! Thanx!! (P.S.) this just happened about 30 min. ago so I have no idea if I will even get a ticket or not.

Best Answer

you won't know if you have gotten a ticket for a few weeks...they will send you a pic of you driving thru the light......i didnt even know i had ran it until they sent a pic...there's really no getting around it, Im in NC and had to pay 150 fine :(

Are you sure it was a camera or a monitor that is used to lock the light green when a emergency vehicle goes through? They look alike. If its a camera Google to see if that intersection has been mentioned in an article as a hot spot for tickets in your community.

Half of the time people do get tickets for passing red lights and a camera catching them. So its probably a 50, 50 chance of you getting a ticket

If you are going to get a ticket they will send it in the mail to you. When the lights have cameras on them like that, if they actually catch you(which they don't always) then you will get a ticket in the mail about a week later. If you don't get a ticket in the mail than you do not need to worry.

If they have a red light cam there you will. Saying that the red light was so long you were afraid you would run out of gas is about the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

There is no one to talk to. You broke the law. It's your responsibility to keep enough gas in your tank and leave at an early enough time to get to work or to allow you to stop for gas. Hopefully, you will get a ticket and learn a lesson from it.

you would have to take it to court. if it has a camera and you ran the light than yes, you will get a ticket

Well you should have seen a flash if there was a camera. And they will send you something in the mail if they did take a picture. Maybe you can fight it in court if you did? My mom got one and it was around 500 dollars.

• yeah... it'll probably show up in the mail and a wonderful chain reaction will start.

You might be lucky if the light was broken but the light usually blinks if it is broken.

if there was huge posts that had cams on them (not attached not the light or the bar that they sit on) yes it coult u

but the good news is that there vary rare so unless there wasent a cop around ur good to go!