thomas_essary asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Nike sq dymo or the dymo 2?

I am going to buy the new 2009 sq dymo driver but I just dont know if I should get the round head or the squared head. What are the differences between the two besides the shape and size?

Best Answer

When I demo'ed each I didn't find much difference. The "rounded" head is not much different from the "square" head when it comes to shape. Distance, feel, and workability were all about the same. The question comes down to which you feel more comfortable with. Some people are still not used to looking at a square head (even when there is not much difference between the two). If your set on the Nike, pick the one that fits your eye. Otherwise look for other options ;)

Source(s): www.one-putt-only-golf-equipment.com

The simplest answer is how well you hit each. One seldom buys a pig in a poke. Does it appeal to your eye? How does it feel? Does it perform to your expectations? These are questions that only you can answer.

accuracy or length

square is more accurate at the price of length

but very little difference both ways

don't buy the square head it is not a forgiving head, since the square driver came out, how many pros do you see using them,,,,,,,,,,,,not a lot,,,,,,,, there's your answer. stick to the traditional head and you will be pleased you haven't waisted your money

there is no difference, you should just buy the one you prefer, i hate square drivers but thats my personal opinion, get the shape that feels better

Taylormade R9 ;) Nike just stole Taylormade's ideas and put them on their new driver, it's that simple.....