If I say , "let God be true but every man a liar."?

And then say that Christianity is the only truth. Repeating what Jesus said when he said "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me" (John14:6)

Does that mean I am "Bashing" every other belief?

If so...so be it.

Best Answer

There are definitely those that would call it "bashing".... Things haven't changed that much, there are multitudes that reject the fact the Jesus Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life..." .

If you remember, about 2000 years Christ lived a perfect life, yet was hated by the masses.. They cried out.. "Crucify him, Crucify him, we will not have this man to rule over us.."

God has given man a free will to accept or reject Christ.. But, God also strives with man to "Let God be true and every man a liar..." God has not not sanctioned a number of "ways" to get to Himself.. This would result in God being responsible for the chaos that we see in the world today.. God has sanctioned one way and that way is Christ.. Crucified, buried, and risen... Christ lives in the power of an endless life...

Good question by the way, keep up the good work..

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Source(s): Bible

All you have to do is say there is" No Chance without Jesus"

and you have said it all because that is the truth.

John 15:18

[ The Hatred of the World ] "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

May God Continual Bless You Rivers Edge.

Source(s): Jesus answered "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me" (John14:6)

No you are only echoing some of the greatest words ever spoken, by the greatest Man who will ever live- Jesus Christ the Son of Almighty God.

Don't worry about people that attempt to deny or belittle or scoff at His truth, we are to expect that. God bless you....

Source(s): CHRISTIAN

Call it what you like, but No one can make Jesus JUST a prophet or a religious leader. The claims he made of HIMSELF excluded other ways to God. So, he is either who he said he is or HUGE fraud. Deny him totally or accept him as the only way, as that is HIS own claim. But don't patronize HIM or Christians by making him something in between. He did not leave that option

That's a statement from Peter right? In the Book of Acts?

No, it simply means that you found the truth and you are stating it. You didn't mention the other religions and for all you know, they might not exist.

No it doesn't, because before everything else it is either TRUE or FALSE that "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me".

Beware the person that really means (and many do) that I know it is true but that is why I reject it. To them, you thumb your nose -- just so -- and move on.

Yep.

Just because your God was anti Hindu, doesn't mean you have to share his backward belief system.

Just as a Muslim claiming you are only worthy as a slave, simply quoting the Koran is bashing you.

That is precisely the reason why your faith requires empirical evidence to back it up. Without it, you are simply one of a thousand voices claiming to know the will of a God who is planning on killing almost everyone else. Its silly, without measurable evidence.

Claims of truth require empirical evidence to support them.

Source(s): "If so, so be it" which is exactly what makes your religion so incredibly harmful to humanity.

No. Jesus actually said those words. To attribute this statement to you is not logical.

• Dan

No. That means that you are telling the truth, as you see it.

I believe that to be true, as well, and there is no higher authority than our God.