Is there an over the counter antibiotic that works like amoxicillin or penicillin?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I have no insurance and I need antibiotics. Please help if you have any info...
Best Answer
Depending on where you live, Meijer stores have a list of antibiotics that they will fill for free. You can get a list on their website. You have to get a prescription first though. I have no insurance either. I went to an urgent care clinic which cost me $90. I brought a list of the free ones and asked for one of them. The rx was literally free, no strings attached. So I got completely treated/cured for $90 - steep but better than the ER or the primary care doctor bill normally.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    In my opinion these antibiotics are far safe and old enough nowdays that there SHOULD be otc available - but unfortunately here in the USA were are SOL on antibiotics, and many other older safe drugs that could be made OTC but the big pharmaceuitical co's don't want to give up a dime of profit.

Source(s):

Drug Sales
    • 4
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    Not unless you live in Mexico.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Patrick answered 1 week ago
    You can order Amoxicillin online here http://wikly.net/uds875

Other antibiotics such as Avelox, Zyvox, Principen, Keflex, Biaxin, Levaquin and other. You can find here http://ua-biz.net/antibiotics.html

Good Luck!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sasha answered 5 years ago
    No, honey. I'm sorry, but you cannot get antibiotics over the counter. Most towns have a free clinic. If you don't know where it is or how to access it, contact the police. Or go to the local library where they have a list of local social help. You can also ring the local ER--they will KNOW how to divert people for this.

Source(s):

I teach nurses
    • 1
    • Comment
  • mollyneville answered 5 years ago
    What makes you think you need antibiotics
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock