The Confederate Flag.....?

I want to see your opinions on the Confederate "battle" Flag. First people(which majority are ignorant) believe that the Confederate flag is a sign of racism. Flew during the war between the states to represent slavery. The war was not fought over slaves. 2nd everyone(exaggeration) thinks slavery... show more I want to see your opinions on the Confederate "battle" Flag. First people(which majority are ignorant) believe that the Confederate flag is a sign of racism. Flew during the war between the states to represent slavery. The war was not fought over slaves. 2nd everyone(exaggeration) thinks slavery didn't exist in the north, wrong. And even after the war ex-slaves(freedmen) were not treated with dignity,respect, and integrity. Its heritage not hate. Feel free to list your opinions on the flag i listed mine which are partly facts. Oh and some numbers to make you think a little in 1868 8,000 blacks OWNED 20,000 blacks; only the rich owned slaves.
Update: Historiboy the stars and bars was taken down mainly because it resembled the 13 colonies flag. Thus the Confederacy took their battle flag and flew it.

And the blacks owning blacks is a fact i did research on it, maybe you should do the same? Before correcting me.
Update 2: And what does the north have to be proud of. Invading The Confederate States of America?