Vyom G asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

How to get stamina in Martial Art?

I am martial artist & I perform energetically all kata & stepping in Dojo. But while I perform kicking I soon get exhausted within little time. This does not happen while I punch. Please guide me how can I overcome this problem. (Please mention, if you know any exercise routine which can improve stamina or any best martial art site in this regard)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i am a second degree black belt in TaeKwonDo. my advice is just to keep on doing those exercises, because the more you do them the more your legs will get stronger and you will be able to keep going for longer. trust me-i know how hard it is when you are still conditioning yourself. if you keep at it, your endurance and strength will heighten. the more you practice and train, the faster you will get better.

Source(s): 8 years of TaeKwonDo.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

kick involves moving the biggest muscles of your body and that's why you can get tired. the solution is running, jump roping, or just kicking really often for a cardio.

It's not fun, but you need to work on cadio to overcome stamina. It's helpful to think that if you went into the ring with somebody you will not be able to fight even 4 rounds without going out of breath and losing all your trained power without some cadio work.

• 1 decade ago

The best two ways I know of are to stretch your legs a lot and run (or some other exercise that works out your legs). I recommend both for a couple hours a week each outside of your regular training.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now its time for Wind Sprints and Stair Masters.

Wind Sprints: as you probably know, you run full out over a predetermined short interval; rest, then do it again, until the rest interval shortens between sprints.

Stair Masters: run up flights of stairs or ladders. Use those thigh muscles, calf muscles, and gluteus maximus muscles.

Both of these are aerobic exercises and will both increase strength *AND* endurance. Hit it hard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Focus on your breathing technique are you kicking while holding your breath in then that is bad. When you kick breath out that way you won't be burned out easily.

Plus build up your endurance that can be another problem do some jogging and running that will help build you help toot

• 1 decade ago

I found that my stamina improved most when i started paying attention to being relaxed and my breathing.

• 1 decade ago

Do a lot of jogging and cardio exercises, it really helps.

• 1 decade ago

Just do a lot of running.

• 1 decade ago

run a lot... if your in school then sign up for cross country.... you run tons and its fun! :) good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.