Is this a correct understanding of what "postmodernism" is?

I understood it in terms of the X-Files, as there are concepts of truth and science present in the entire X-Files series. Modernism, being highly reliant on science and reasoning - is represented by Scully. While Mulder is the pre-modern or pre-scientific era that was the predecessor of modernism, as he is a... show more I understood it in terms of the X-Files, as there are concepts of truth and science present in the entire X-Files series.

Modernism, being highly reliant on science and reasoning - is represented by Scully. While Mulder is the pre-modern or pre-scientific era that was the predecessor of modernism, as he is a believer in the supernatural.

The different perspectives of Mulder and Scully colliding represents the postmodern. "Science and reason" battles continually against "faith and religion" in a struggle for power and validation.

The postmodern is a rejection of these absolutes of science and religion that dictate what "reality" is, and therefore most episodes of The X-Files end ambiguously, with neither Scully's scientific reasoning being validated, nor Mulder's faith in the supernatural being proven. Essentially, nothing is certain, and an objective truth is non-existent.

Postmodernism is a perspective which rejects universal truths and the authority of science or religion, and other similar authoritative structures that claim to be the truth (economics, politics). It also can reject the authoritative conventions of texts, such as the presumption that texts MUST have a "beginnings, middle and end", with postmodern texts sometimes presenting texts without beginnings, or without conclusions, or telling a story completely backwards with flashbacks.

Therefore this can sometimes lead to texts to become overly vague or absurd.

-----------------

Is this a correct understanding of postmodernism?

And what are the major aspects of postmodernism I have not grasped, and why do so many people get confused by postmodernism?

Note - I just typed up the above explaination in 5 minutes as I have to have a clear understanding of postmodernism is for school. Sorry if it has a few errors.