Pet Lizard Question Please?

Hey I live in New Zealand and I just found a lizard on the floor. I caught it and put it in my old ten gallon fish tank. It's got a lid with ventilation so it can't get out. Its got dried leaves, sticks and fish tank pebbles as substrate. I put a shallow lid of water in and some dead flies. The lizard is... show more Hey I live in New Zealand and I just found a lizard on the floor. I caught it and put it in my old ten gallon fish tank. It's got a lid with ventilation so it can't get out. Its got dried leaves, sticks and fish tank pebbles as substrate. I put a shallow lid of water in and some dead flies.
The lizard is brown with black splodgey stripes. on its tail its got V shaped markings that point down towards the end of the tail. It definitely isn't a skink so i think its a gecko. It's about 3 inches long including the tail and can climb around upside down. It isn't particularly flighty but doesn't like to be touched or very exposed. I am confident it is male.
Temperature is about 25 degrees celcius and about 22 outside.

What type / types of lizard might this be?
What should I feed him?
What temperature should his terrarium be kept at?
Is the substrate OK?
Anything else I need to know?
Any facts about care?
Any specific needs?