MS Excel protected sheet should allow sort, but doesn't?
I've created a protected sheet with some locked columns. I wanted to allow users to Sort, by checking the Sort box in the Allow Users section. But users are unable to sort because of the protected locked read-only columns. What should I do?
- voyagerLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
- Unprotect the worksheet if it is already protected
- Go to "Protection"--- "Allow Users to Edit Ranges" (if Excel 2007, "Review" tab)
- Add "New" range
- Select the range you want allow users to sort
- Click "Protect Sheet"
- This time, do not allow users to select "locked cells"
To see whether it is working, click "Sort"
Hope this helps.
- 6 years ago
The only problem is that this allows them to edit the cells. I only want to sort the cells...