Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

, of which 的用法

對於英文句子中的 , of which 用法不太懂,想請教英文達人幫我把句子意思說明清楚,有解釋更好

The pre-1992 universities, of which there are 40, are generally governed by statutes and charters.

, of which there are 40 是什麼意思就可以了, 爲什麼會出現of 呢?

是指 40 pre-1992 universities of pre-1992 universities are generally governed by statutes and characters.嗎 ??

3 Answers

Rating
  • sun
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

是指 40 pre-1992 universities of pre-1992 universities are generally governed by statutes and characters.嗎 ??

差不多了 用同位語的方式來理解

The pre-1992 universities, there are 40 of the pre-1992 universities, are generally governed by statutes and charters.

同樣的事物 再以關係代名詞來取代 就呈現出原句

The pre-1992 universities, of which there are 40, are generally governed by statutes and charters.

句子中的 of which 就是這樣來的 而不是只有 which

• 1 decade ago

of which there are 40 有兩個逗點隔開,是為一非限定的形容詞子句,視為插入句,是一個完整的句子.

一般先詞要作形容詞子句中的主或受詞,

如which無法作主詞受詞,which 之前應置介詞.

There are 40 of pre-1992 universities . 40 of pre-1992 universitiess are generally governed by statutes and characters.

類似的句子

Lend me your pen. I can write my address with your pen.

Lend me your pen with which I can write my address.

We live in the house. The house is very large.

The house in which we live is very large.

2009-04-19 20:44:50 補充:

我也會這樣寫

There are 40 of pre-1992 universities, which are generally govenered by statutes and characters. 但是沒有原來句子的強勢漂亮罷!

• qq
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

of which 是指剛提到的東東,這裡是指The pre-1992 universities。

整句拆開解讀較易了解:

there are 40 pre-1992 universities.(用of which有加上小註解的用意)

The pre-1992 universities are generally governed by statutes and charters.(這句是它的主要表達點。)

如果只用主要表達點(The pre-1992 universities are generally governed by statutes and charters.),可能他擔心不夠清楚,所以在中間加個小註解,用以註解pre-1992 universities這主詞。

引申用法:

Taiwan, of which there are 23 million people, are located in Asia.

(主要表達Taiwan是位在亞洲,中間加個小註解說Taiwan有2300萬人)。

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.