Rob
Lv 4

08-09 Hyundai Elantra Noise?

Can anybody who has an 08 or 09 Elantra tell me what this noise is? Drive your car with all the windows closed, except for 1 back door window. It doesn't matter which one. accelerate to 45. That is when the noise starts. Keep accelerating slowly until your ears can't take it. What is causing this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the noise you are hearing and feeling is a change in air pressure. the inside of your vehicle is at a lower pressure than that of the air passing your vehicle at higher speeds. the reason it does it only when a back window is down is because the wind passing the windshield turns into a cyclone type shape allowing it to enter the rear window.

• Most vehicles make the noise. Passing wind is flutuating, making a drumming sound. Some people say that clip-on window shades will cure that.

• 1 decade ago

Is one of your back seats folded down? If so, you will hear a noise that kind of sounds like a "air banging"... This is caused by the uneven air pressure, the outside and inside air pressure are not the same and can cause this unusual sound. I hope this helps..?

Source(s): Auto internet manager here in my area.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.