Rob

08-09 Hyundai Elantra Noise?

Can anybody who has an 08 or 09 Elantra tell me what this noise is? Drive your car with all the windows closed, except for 1 back door window. It doesn't matter which one. accelerate to 45. That is when the noise starts. Keep accelerating slowly until your ears can't take it. What is causing this?

Favorite Answer

the noise you are hearing and feeling is a change in air pressure. the inside of your vehicle is at a lower pressure than that of the air passing your vehicle at higher speeds. the reason it does it only when a back window is down is because the wind passing the windshield turns into a cyclone type shape allowing it to enter the rear window.

• Most vehicles make the noise. Passing wind is flutuating, making a drumming sound. Some people say that clip-on window shades will cure that.

Is one of your back seats folded down? If so, you will hear a noise that kind of sounds like a "air banging"... This is caused by the uneven air pressure, the outside and inside air pressure are not the same and can cause this unusual sound. I hope this helps..?

Source(s): Auto internet manager here in my area.