Traditional vs Mixed Martial Arts?

Well I have a black belt in ITF Taekwondo, and I have taken a bit of Kung Fu and I find most of the traditional arts to be completely useless for fighting purposes .. but they do teach you discipline and respect. But I used to fight with my friends and i was a horrible fighter because the traditional arts I took... show more Well I have a black belt in ITF Taekwondo, and I have taken a bit of Kung Fu and I find most of the traditional arts to be completely useless for fighting purposes .. but they do teach you discipline and respect. But I used to fight with my friends and i was a horrible fighter because the traditional arts I took weren't effective. I just started taking Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu 6 months ago and I have learned far more about fighting than the last 8 years I took TKD and Kung Fu. It's waaaay more practical for street fighting or self defense.

What are your opinions on this? This is just my opinion on what I have seen.
Update: Luke: I bet the best fighter in my muay thai gym, would dominate the best fighter in your karate class

fail.