Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

Windows Blue Screen Of Death?

It seems I am facing the problem called the blue screen of death. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 running Windows XP. It's fairly new.

When I turn my computer on an error message pops up that says:

services.exe-Application Error

The instruction at "0x0102030f" referenced memory at "0x01018701". The memory could not be "written".

Click OK to terminate the program.

Click Cancel to debug the program.

after I click ok, cancel, or X the BSoD pops up. My blue screen says this:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL

If this is the first time seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as aching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000166,0x00000002,0x000000000,0x804E5433)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Dumping physical memory to disk: 1-100

After it counts to 100 the computer restarts and the same thin happens again and again.

When I go into Safe Mode the error message I posted above pops up and when I click OK, cancel, or X a black screen with Safe Mode at the bottom two corners appears and stays there until I restart the computer.

My computer had been working pretty good before this started happening. Windows defender did start noticing more viruses than usual though. If you can help me please do.

Favorite Answer

The blue screen of death, also known as the blue screen of doom or simply blue screen, is one of the most notorious error messages in Windows based operating systems. To fix blue screen errors, you can safely assume that there's something going seriously wrong in your operating system. Unfortunately for us, and even the highest trained computer technicians, fixing the blue screen of death isn't always as simple as we'd like it to be, and it can take an obscure amount of PC knowledge to get to the root of the problem.

90% registry cleaner can fix the blue screen.

http://bluescreen-fix.com

The old blue screen of death, the biggest percentage of the time is RAM vs Virtual memory, ur computer is telling that there is something wrong, instead of killing ur system ur computer fainted, that BS of D, virtual memory in windows is page filing, which sometimes is 1.5 gig's up 2 2 gig's, U can change ur page filing from C t D & select no page filing on C, But when was the last time u did any maintenance on ur PC, Like a check disk for error's, a disk clean-up & a defrag, also which bit does ur mobo take, 32 r 64, finely run ur games on a clean boot, u get all that ram the doesn't need to use.:)

I think you need to reformat it completely