Should we search for living mystics or be content with Faith in mystics of old times?

Favorite Answer

"Oh No, Not another book". How many times have I said that

over the years. But then I would read one and thank the author

for bringing me forward. I need variety. Just listening to the same stuff parroted over and over doesn't elevate my consciousness a bit.

Not all the authors are mystics but many figured out wat the mystics

were saying and explained it in a way I could understand. Some,

I do consider mystics. A few that have inspired me:Amiya Roy Chowdhury - aka DadaJI, j KRISHNAMURTI, G. S. Arundale, DaN

Millman,Harmon Bro, Ruby Nelson, Hannah Hurnard, Leslie LeCron,

Westly Shrader,DICK sutphen, John Hick, swami Abhedananda, Linda Backman, Stanley Krippner, Rurh Montgomery, Jose Silva, Sai Baba,

Paramahansa Yogananda, Raynor C Johnson,S. Abhayananda

Miguel Ruiz, Thomas Kepler, Joan Borysenko, Sri Aurobindo, Ayudante, Sanaya Roman, Olga Worrall, Bruice Wilkinson,,

Linda Goodman, James Van Praagh, Neale Donald Walsch, Hugh

Lynn Cayce, Harvey Freeman, Ram Doss, Walter Starcke, Jack

Ensign Addington. Mary Baker Eddy, George M Lamsa, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Marcus Bach, Wayne Dyer, Emmit Fox, Emma

Curtis Hopkins, Eric Butterworth, Depak Chopra, Edgar Cayce

and Pat Rodegast to name a few worth reading.

Source(s): book shelf

Neither! You don't play around with Satanic things. God forbids it.

System of fraud - Ezek. 13:6, 7

6 They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, Thus says the LORD! But the LORD has not sent them; yet they hope that the work may be confirmed.

7 Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say, The LORD says, but I have not spoken.

Abomination - Deut. 18:10-12

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.

12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, ....

Punishable by death - Lev. 20:6, 27

6 And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people.

27 A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, shall surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood shall be upon them.

Source(s): The New Open Bible Study Edition, NKJV
  • Anne

Firstly I think that some people are confused by your use of the word mystic. What 'Rescued' says is true but has very little to do with the subject in question.

I think that you are referring to SADHUS, SAINTS and SEERS OF THE TRUTH.

So to that I will answer-"BOTH"

What teachings are there from the past are important and a true spiritual teacher will be bringing those teachings alive with new guidelines about how to follow the teachings.

This verse is found in the Chaitanya Charitamrta:

sädhu-sanga’, ‘sädhu-sanga’——sarva-sästre kaya

lava-mätra sädhu-saìge sarva-siddhi haya

“The verdict of all revealed scriptures is that by even a moment’s association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success".

and

“‘The value of a moment’s association with a devotee of the Lord cannot be compared even to the attainment of the heavenly planets or liberation from matter, and what to speak of worldly benedictions in the form of material prosperity, which is for those who are meant for death.’

and from Srimad Bhagavatam

Dear Lord, unless one worships the lotus feet of great devotees, one will be conquered by the illusory energy, and his intelligence will be bewildered. Indeed, who has not been carried away by the waves of material enjoyment, which are like poison? Your illusory energy is unconquerable. No one can see the path of this material energy or tell how it is working.

SB 5-3-14

My Lord, devotees like your good self are verily holy places personified. Because you carry the Personality of Godhead within your heart, you turn all places into places of pilgrimage.

SB 1-10-13

When one is face to face with the sun, there is no longer darkness for one’s eyes. Similarly, when one is face to face with a sädhu, a devotee, who is fully determined and surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one will no longer be subject to material bondage.

SB 10-10-41

In Srimad-Bhägavatam (7.5.32) Prahläda Mahäräja says:

One cannot become the Lord’s pure devotee without taking the dust of a great devotee on his head (päda-rajo-’bhisekam). A pure devotee is niskiïcana; he has no material desire to enjoy the material world. One has to take shelter of such a pure devotee in order to attain his qualities. The pure devotee is always free from the clutches of mäyä and her influence.

and

O my lord, great philanthropic souls travel on the earth on behalf of the Supreme Personality of Godhead to show compassion to the fallen souls who are averse to the sense of subordination to the Lord.

SB 3-5-3

I could go on and on. That is to say that all over the scriptures SADHU SANGA is glorified

Source(s): Shrimad Bhagavatam

None of the two! Search and be with the mystics within that is crying/dying to manifest and be with us.

Blessings We should stay put and believe in the Bible and in the Word of God for what ever we want or looking for. Our faith should be in the word of God only.If you believe in other thing then it is up to your own belief.

Source(s): Me having faith in the God that I believed in and with all Respect.

Brother I'm content with myself!

• HAMMER

Put your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His words.

Have faith in yourself...

Be content when we find you...

:)(:

You should grow up and think for yourself.