If a woman can have an abortion because it's her right, her choice, then shouldn't assisted suicide be legal?

If I wanted to die and didn't feel like doing it myself..shouldn't I have that right? It's my choice, not yours, etc.

According to your idiotic logic, the Doctor who performs a woman's abortion should go to jail for murder.

Favorite Answer

No. You're talking about 2 totally different things here - a fetus and a human life. A doctor who gives abortions is trained to do his job, he's not going to go home at night and cry or go insane because he did his job. Assisted suicide is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, besides cold blooded killers, who aren't active parts of society anyway, who could assist someone in killing themselves and then not go crazy themselves? There are millions of ways to kill yourself, alone, why drag someone else down with you? Abortions are legal, life goes on, and the world keeps spinning, and there's a reason why it does.

I think the reason assisted suicide is illegal, is because it would be easier for murders to get away with murder, think about it.." I didn't kill him because i wanted to i did it because he wanted me too" their is only one story because the other person is dead. however it is bs because you should have the right to decide you don't want to live. Abortion may not be the best thing to compare assisted suicide too. A woman's right to have an abortion is protected by the 14th amendment, when the Constitution was written I don't think they anticipated the large number of suicidal people today. Reminder the constitution was written by a group of Christians and to them suicide is a sin just as murder is. Give it about 20 years and people over the age of 21 can walk into a clinic fill out papers and watch a boring video about death then return 24 hours later for a lethal injection.

well actually a woman could have an abortion however it is not her right to do so whether she likes the baby she is carrying or not. everyone still has the right to live and taking away that baby's life is just not right. on your case though assisted suicide still can't be legal. even if you do wish to end your life now because of some problem or maybe your encountering hardships at the moment, its still not right for you to take it away. God has a purpose on why you are here, don't give up... move forward...and yes it is your choice..but hey, think of the people that you'd be leaving behind.

The law looks at it differently. A fetus isn't seen as a person with the same rights as the mother, up to a certain point. But I think that physician-assisted suicide should be legal, despite the concerns about euthanasia

I kind of agree with you in a way (population control is not a bad idea), but moral issues will always come into play. abortions differ a lot from assisted suicides. You abort a fetus that does not have any knowledge on anything and cant contribute much to the world (except stem cell). assisting in suicide is basically murder to me. Your helping someone that already knows whats going on in life and has use of their brain.

Just my opinion.

Doctors push for people to be removed from life support, even when some people have woken up and functioned normally, after their families were told they never would, so why not assisted suicide, I think it should be legal.

Yes you make a very valid point ! If someone can choose to kill their baby then why can't they make the choice to kill themselves ? Well I dont think that people should be allowed to get an abortion unless they have been raped or something . Suicide is just the easy way out !

XxX

yup, but i wonder about the abortion thing, if it's her choice, why isn't it also the man's choice? she didn't conceive it herself.. She can be forcing a guy to pay alamony. I get he should've known that BEFORE he stuck it in her but still.. food for thought

yes assisted suicide should be legal.. always, but only after councelling as sometimes people aren't thinking straight. there should be a psychiatrist that signs off on it first. If they are mentally stable and know what they are doing then it should be legal.

Source(s): people seem to be missing the point of the word "assisted" being in there.. smarten up folks, some people don't have the strength physically to do it. People with diseases that are in eccense just waiting to die anyways and are in pain.. they WANT to die but cannot.. case in point watch the South Park episode where stan's grandpa keeps trying to commit suicide..

OMG i am so annoyed at people who are against abortions.

OK would u rather the baby die while on the streets with hardly anything cause the parents of the girl kicked her out?? and possibly surrounded by Alchol and drugs.

or a death that is painless, not that they even know they are alive yet?

PLZ!! answer me that.

YES i know there are people who hace options, parents who understand, money etc etc. THEY ARE THE ACCEPTIONS.

Yeah, go figure. Always a red tape nightmare. So why are you even worried about doing it? When someone really wants to go out, they find a way. Why would u care if its legal (if its' you) anyway, if you achieve the end result.