Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 decade ago

How and why does Google have a picture of my house?

On Google street view (or as I like to say, stalker-vision), you can get up close and personal with almost anywhere. How and why does the big G do this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not sure why they do it at all, i cant really think of a benefit other than for stalking?!

But they get the images of the houses by driving a van round the streets, which has a camera on the top and it takes digital images of the streets it is on. My dad is a cab driver in london and he has seen it a few times going around.

Source(s): dad!
  • .x
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They send out a car with a camera attached to the roof, it drives up and down the streets. They do it so that people can look at what is on the street- personally I used it a lot when I was looking for apartments (to see how nice a neighborhood was), also sometimes if I am looking for a certain shop or location.

If you don't want it up you can email Google and they will remove it. Here are their instructions.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/faq.ht...

• 1 decade ago

It totally helps you know like if you are going to a party, to know what their house looks like (knowing what the roof looks like doesn't help, here on Planet Earth)

Source(s): use of "Big G's" software
  • 1 decade ago

Not sure.

Ive never seen this before

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marco
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

lol i just checked mine and i saw it too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.