Can I store cut, raw potatoes in the fridge overnight marinated in olive oil & herbs without them turning brwn?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
make sure they're thoroughly coated and place them in an airtight container. probably wouldn't hurt to put them in the coldest spot in your fridge.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • 2butifulgirls answered 5 years ago
    I googled this for you and found several websites that offer great suggestions, I've added the link to Martha Stewart in my answer and provided several other sites for alternative options that I've listed in the source box, hope they help !

This is an article from Martha Stewart, I'm sure she won't steer you wrong:
    This is the website for Martha's tip:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/article/kee...

"Cover cut raw potatoes with water to stop them from turning brown. You can prepare them the night before and still have creamy white potatoes the next day.

Start by scrubbing potatoes under cool running water to remove dirt; prepare as directed in recipe. Place in a bowl, and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Refrigerate; potatoes will keep up to overnight.

First Published: May 2006 "

Good Luck !

Source(s):

• 1
    • Comment
  • John Holmes answered 5 years ago
    Yes, just make certain to completely coat the potatoes with oil so as to keep a barrier between the air and the cut potatoes.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Dave C answered 5 years ago
    Not... 100% sure, but if you have a nice coating of marinade... it might protect the cut surface from browning...

The alternative is to cut and soak in water overnight... marinade the next day.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • cheztom1 answered 5 years ago
    Probally not, put them in water, and marinate them about an hour before you cook them.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • bradhurt2003 answered 5 years ago
    you will need some kind of acid, such as lemon juice, to keep them from turning brown.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock