Why is Geraldo Rivera pretending to defend Hispanics when he is not even proud of being a Puerto Rican?

Geraldo continues to defend illegal hispanics coming into our country, yet he has always rejected his Puerto Rican roots.

Sorry to disappoint you, I`m Puerto Rican and have known that he is an opportunistic "hispanic" since he started working for ABC in New York. The name he used in the schools he went to was Gerald Rivers, he changed back to Geraldo Rivera to take advantage of the Affirmative Action program. I don`t even think that he has ever visited the island since he became famous. He strikes me as one of those hispanics who pretend their from Spain.

Since supporting the illegal entry of hispanics into the US is so popular, he is for it because he thinks it will give him good ratings with hispanics and liberals.

I still remember how he got kicked out of Iraq for drawing the little map that compromised the position of some of our troops. I don`t even know how Fox gave him a job after that little stunt of his.

RODERICK B: His mother, Lillian Friedman, is Jewish; his father, Cruz Rivera is Puerto Rican.

Favorite Answer

Jerry Rivers, that has been NYC-ABC news hack, (dont know how he parleyed a job at Fox- he must know where OReilly buried the bodies) would be better on a Jerry Springer show. He's a typical left-lib concerned only with his own glorification & popularity. If it was to his advantage, he'd play up being from Puerto Rico. Personally, I dont give 2 cents to what he says or does.

• Paul

Geraldo Rivera is just a BS artist and a over paid journalist

I laugh when I see him as he is a Bozo the clown

Geraldo es un Tio Tomas

I've long given up trying to understand Geraldo's thought processes. He's a little too out there for me to follow.

He's only pretending for the cameras. He really doesn't care about his heritage in my opinion. He uses the race card on Fox because he's the only hispanic in there. Julie Banderas also pretends to be hispanic but she's not. She changed her last name to Banderas.

I personally don't care much for Geraldo Rivera, but from what I have seen of him he is very proud of his Heritage.

Geraldos a joke!

I'm still waiting for him to produce the gold in Al Capone's secret vault.

Given the size of his schnozz, I thought he was Jewish.

I thought Jerry's father was a Dominican ?

• mary

i dont know the answer to your question, but i've ALWAYS wished Geraldo would adopt me and take me under his wing, he's brilliant.