Why is Geraldo Rivera pretending to defend Hispanics when he is not even proud of being a Puerto Rican?

Geraldo continues to defend illegal hispanics coming into our country, yet he has always rejected his Puerto Rican roots.
Update: Sorry to disappoint you, I`m Puerto Rican and have known that he is an opportunistic "hispanic" since he started working for ABC in New York. The name he used in the schools he went to was Gerald Rivers, he changed back to Geraldo Rivera to take advantage of the Affirmative Action program. I don`t even... show more Sorry to disappoint you, I`m Puerto Rican and have known that he is an opportunistic "hispanic" since he started working for ABC in New York. The name he used in the schools he went to was Gerald Rivers, he changed back to Geraldo Rivera to take advantage of the Affirmative Action program. I don`t even think that he has ever visited the island since he became famous. He strikes me as one of those hispanics who pretend their from Spain.

Since supporting the illegal entry of hispanics into the US is so popular, he is for it because he thinks it will give him good ratings with hispanics and liberals.

I still remember how he got kicked out of Iraq for drawing the little map that compromised the position of some of our troops. I don`t even know how Fox gave him a job after that little stunt of his.
Update 2: RODERICK B: His mother, Lillian Friedman, is Jewish; his father, Cruz Rivera is Puerto Rican.