Will GOP leader rush limbaugh's I hope he fails remarks be used against his party in the 2010 & 2012 elections?

Also, how do (or will) Independents view this kind of rhetoric from the GOP?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If it had just been Rush, then it would just been another of his silly comments. However, when you have Republicans like RNC Chair Michael Steele and Gov.Jindal stepping forward to publicly support Rush, then Rush's comments are taken more seriously. I suspect ads will show Rush's more outrageous comments and ask if all Republicans agree with Rush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Democrats will try to use those remarks against Republicans; most likely they'll laugh as they do, since everything indicates that Obama is more or less on the right track.

Republican successes in 2010 and beyond will be directly related to how far ordinary members of the party can distance themselves from Rush L.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are there 2 GOP's now, because last time I checked the Honorable Mister Steel is in charge of the Republicans.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The election or reelection of Barack Obama depends on the economy of the USA~~affordable housing for the masses~~the international relations

the endless wars on terrorism~~and the general malaise of the American

people

It is too soon to think of who is going to say what~~the issue is if Obama

can do what he claims he can do for this country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John A
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Lola sweetie... sweating about 2010 already, huh? Never too early to start slinging the hate and BS, right?

I love it, Lola is all worried that in 2010 her wonderful lib party is going to come crashing down!

• 1 decade ago

Independents don't care about Rush

Independents do care the budget that just got ramrodded through congress has TRIPLED the decifit to the Highest EVER.

• 1 decade ago

Ahhhhh so now its OK to use a non-related persons comments and attribute some sweeping ideological camaraderie?

We weren't "allowed" to consider Rev Right's hate filled racist bull **** despite Obama's 20 + years front row center......but now a radio personality is supposed to represent the thoughts and beliefs of unnamed politicians in the future?

Wow...just wow.

• 1 decade ago

No, the midterm will be a concern for the Democrats, and those results will determine 2012.

• Danny
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Rush is not part of the GOP. If you ever listened to him, and understood what he meant, you would know that. Since you don't, your question is invalid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't understand why anyone would listen to or examine anything Rush says.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.