my son's XBOX 360, when he switches it on, now has a red ring around the big button that you press - is it bad?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Pretty much every 360 will suffer from that problem at some point - It's called the "Red Ring Of Death". The problem is determined by how many quadrants are lit - If there is 1 or 3, there is a hardware failure. If there is 2, then it has overheated. If there is 4, then it cannot detect a video cable, if I remember correctly. Call Xbox Support (Its number is mentioned in one of the booklets that came with the 360) and tell them what is wrong, they will guide you through what to do.

Source(s): Past experience.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I Once Had Red Ring Of Death, Try Disconnecting The Cables For The Xbox If This Doesn't Work Then Contact Microsoft.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mate, its bust

Most xbox 360s get some fault, they are badly made and a common one is the red ring of death

i sent mine back to microsoft about 2 weeks ago because of it

basically if its under warranty go on xbox.com/support or ring microsoft xbox (number on website) and you have to send it off in a plain box, you getwarranty in 2-3 weeks

if its not under warrenty you may have to pay someone to do it, or try yourself at your own risk (tutorials on youtube, search: red ring of death repair)

unlucky mate

Source(s): Experience
  • */_\*
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes that's the Red Ring of Death. Get in contact with Microsoft and get it fixed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, its called the red ring of death, he's going to have to get the xbox repaired or buy a new one.

• 1 decade ago

Ohh yeah. He got "Red Ring of Death" : The most common problem with xbox's. If you have 3 lights on that means its from overheating and your going to have to send it in. If its only one or 4 its because of power. Dont try to fix it yourself. Trust me.

Source(s): Owned xbox for many years
  • 1 decade ago

Is it a full ring? Not 3/4 full? A full ring means a problem with the AV(video) cable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they call em the red rings of death you need to go try get your xbox fixed before it gets worse if you get more than three of those rings return your xbox and get a new one or go try get it fixed.

• 1 decade ago

yes is bad because the cause is that ur kid left the xbox on for a long time or forgot it open and something inside melts so u cant fix it urself just e-mail me on g_player9410@hotmail.com and i will be happy to do it.

• 1 decade ago

yes that is the starting phase of the red rings of death.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.