Spiritually speaking, why are American Christians so arrogant?

Why do they assume the Authorized King James Version of 1611 (which was translated for a hypocrite British king) is the first Bible ever written and that the Bible is accurate only if it is in english? I have seen lots of them make comments just like that. Like the other languages don't exist. LMAO @ the irony.

They are also known to call their country "God's country" and say that God blesses them. Why do they always sing "God bless America" as if God doesn't love the other countries? Does God really bless America and if he does what makes America so deserving of God's blessing? If there is any truth to this then God's country sure has a lot of atheists and murderers (the US consistently has one of the largest murder rates in the world). It would seem that the evilest of people are receiving all the blessings since the good people are the ones being robbed, pillaged, taken advantage of, kidnapped, over taxed, lied to, and murdered. On top of that the entire world sees the United States as arrogant bullies. The world hates and resents them.

The US of A has turned it's back on God so why would he bless it? Where are the supposed blessings anyway? I am no Muslim but it's interesting that they call the US "the Great Satan" and if these American Christian hypocrites even read the Bible they wouldn't be so arrogant to say the stupid things they do. Most of the United States citizens act just like their government which these same characteristics are detailed in their precious KJV Bible as something things that don't inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal. 5:19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Are not all those things above the same characteristics of the devil himself? Yes they are and you American Christians have those same characteristics. So if I am to take the Bible's word for it, all the arrogant hypocritical American Christians are the ones going to hell. Maybe the rest of the world will finally get so sick of these idiots and come together and knock them off their pedestal. I think these "loving peaceful Christians" need to be taken out of power and imprisoned until they die but that's just my opinion.

Oh and lets not forget all their pictures of a whiteboy hippy Jesus. Then they go about seeing white hippy Jesus in chocolate bars after taking a bite of it. Doesn't the Bible say they are not to have, make, or worship images?

Hey retardedgrandmother you call this a rant because you won't even attempt to answer the questions I asked. I asked the questions because I want to know the answers so kiss off if you are to much of a coward to step up and answer them. The arrogance that you just showed everyone here is what is in question.

Then you change your name to R.G.? Are you trying to avoid the challenge?

RG don't put words in mouth. That tatic won't work here reread what I said. I would love to see them taken out of power and thrown into prison until the die...you know like a life sentence...did I call for capital punishment here. You Christians are even devious in trying to make others look evil. You cannot possible believe that your God is pleased with your tactics. Or maybe you can because you sin all day and then ask for forgiveness at the end of all your evil to other human beings and all is well. Is that not hypocrisy at it's finest? American Christians are not the same Christians of the Bible.

Best Answer

Christians, in general, like to talk the talk but hate the effort of having to walk the walk.

• I agree with you to an extent, that many Christians today (not just American Christians) do not even come close to resembling what a Christian ought to be, myself included. I'm far from perfect. I smoke like a chimney, listen to heavy metal, and research different religions (it's a hobby of mine). I also love Harry Potter, and have an obsession with vampires and old cemeteries. Yet I'm a Christian.

I do not, however, want any type of political power, and I wish that some Christians would stop attempting to establish theocracies. Jesus even said to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's, give to God what is God's." What this says to me is that the world will never be perfect, and although we should stand up for what we feel is right, what should be more important is to make sure our own lives are above reproach. We need to take the plank out of our own eye, before we worry about the speck in anyone else's eye. With climbing rates of rape, murder, fornication, unwed mothers, divorce, adultery, and child molestation, we should look to ourselves before we worry about everyone else.

As for Bible versions, there's only a very small minority of Christians who are KJV-only. I'm not one of them. I actually tend to use the Holman CSB, but I also cross-reference it with several other versions, including the NIV, KJV, NKJV, NASB, GNB, and the Message. I personally believe that the best Bible for a Christian is the one they'll read and understand.

Now, I do believe that God extends His blessings on anyone who calls on His name, regardless of which country they're from. I believe that God has blessed the U.S., but if we continue being a haughty, hypocritical people, He may very well change His mind, so to speak. He may remove those blessings. Maybe in some ways, He already has.

Please don't stereotype us. Most of us really are just trying to live our lives the best we can.

Peace and blessings to you, and I hope I addressed your entire question.

Source(s): An American Christian
  • S.E.B

Hey there are some American Xians who firmly believes the bible was written in English. Some suggest it's a Cultural thing.

Just a shame that there are so many of the ugly "Septic Tanks" varieties that spoil the reputations of the genuinely quiet Americans out there.

.

Source(s): Just moi.

I was actually under the assumption that ALL Christians around the world are like this. But if that is untrue, then I shall look for another country with more civilized Christians in which I can live a more peaceful, Atheist life.

Not all American Christians are arrogant, just a loud minority.

The rest of us don't like them any better than you do.

America probably has the weirdest Christians in the world. They are full of fundies!

Edit

Turned its back on God? It's a country, a piece of land. I thought the US is supposed to be secular! I'm not from America but I see your country as secular not Christian! And who says Christianity is right? I don't think it is the right religion at all!

I do not bother with all that nonsense. Just follow the money. Religion is only about power, control and money.

With God, everything is still permitted as long as you pay the Church enough money.

Source(s): And even more money

Christians or not... all americans are arrogant

Ignorance breeds arrogance, and they are ignorant of the history of their own nation - that the USA was founded as a secular state, free from any official religion!

a minority are not that bad

the many spoil it for the few good people