Help with iPod Video conversion?

I have some video files that I got to put on my iPod. They are all MPEG4 (mp4) files and play on iTunes fine. But for some reason I keep getting an error that my iPod cannot play these files, and will not allow me to add them to it. Does anyone know why this might be? I've tried using a converter I have,... show more I have some video files that I got to put on my iPod. They are all MPEG4 (mp4) files and play on iTunes fine. But for some reason I keep getting an error that my iPod cannot play these files, and will not allow me to add them to it. Does anyone know why this might be? I've tried using a converter I have, it's Videora, but for some reason that just messes the videos up and make the video longer by making the sound slow and distorted. So I need some help here.

If you recommend a converter, please find one that converts the whole video and not just the first 5 minutes, since I keep finding ones like those.

Thanks.