Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is Stephanie Meyer, that Twilight Author the next Shakespeare?

I work in a bookstore and a girl buying 'her third' copy of the first book told me the author was the next Shakespeare. Do you find this as amusing as I do? IZ SHI DA NxT SHAKZPEAR! ?!

I would have burst out laughing but I just stood there in complete shock, also I think it would be a little rude to the customer.

So true festfan!

her salary and fortune doesn't warrant the talent she has

Best Answer

She may not be the next Shakespeare, but I'll bet her bank account looks a lot healthier than his did.

I can kinda see what that girl meant...She is an amazing writer..but that is kinda where the comparison stops. He is a legend and wrote stories, dramas and poems. Stephanie Meyer is a great author and she will be remembered and will write more great books but she is definitely not the next Shakespeare.

hell no she's not the next Shakespeare. Twilight is okay. It's mostly for romantics and heart throbs who like the idea of a clingy, over protective, possessive boyfriend with no social life and likes to watch his girlfriend sleep fall in love with a girl with no back bone, no tan, no meat on her bones, little personality, and no goals in her life other than to have sex and become a vampire.

Twilight is good but it's way overrated.

Um, hell no. No where near. That girl is a little delusional. Stephenie Meyer is just another teen author that will come and go...no one will remember who she is 50 years from now...where as Shakespeare is timeless. I can't believe she would even begin to compare them! Does she even know who Shakespeare is???!!! They are no where even near in the same league!!! SHAKESPEAR OWN STEPHENIE MEYER'S ***!!

No, no one will ever beat Shakespeare. His stories (plays) are so good that the idea of them is still used in movies today.

Hell no, she is not! She's not qualified to write the Sunday Comics, let alone be compared to a great literary GENIUS such as Shakespeare

If by Shakespeare you mean the orang utan at the local zoo, then yes by all means

(laughing...)she honestly said that. Okay,I think this is where -OH MY GOD,OMG!! fits.(shakes head)

You should have sold her Hamlet,Taming of the Shrew or A Midnight Summer's Dream and told her it was better than Twilight. :D

I'm pretty sure the Twilight series isn't seen as literature.

They are teen novels. A fad.

Source(s): Experience with teen obsessions: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

LOL some people are so stupid... NO one can be the next Shakespeare.