Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

What can be done to reduce the United States population?

There are just too many people, I have to talk about how and why it should be reduced. thanks,

Favorite Answer

I do not think it is the responsibility of anyone but the individual to be concerned about "reducing" the population. If an individual person does not want to have kids, then it is their responsibility to not have them in order to do their part for population control. You see, when you start fiddling about in population control, you give the government too much liberty. What if the government decides that, for the sake of population control, there are REQUIREMENTS in order to have children. What would give them the right to take away the dream of motherhood for a woman who wants it, but would not meet the hypothetical requirements? By allowing this you are saying, Here, take my liberty, my free will, everything this country stands for. Let me be who my govt. wants me to be, and I will find happiness around that. Additionally, you do not want to give the government too many ways to essentially play god. You are giving them too much power over life if you are looking at population control.

Also, if the population were reduced, the economy would just get worse. There would be less people spending money, therefore less money floating around.

If immigration were reduced, it would be denying people the entry to the united states, and would therefore go against what the country was founded for. There's a reason for the poem on the statue of liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The solution is education. If more people are educated then fewer 'accidental' births would occur, more people would take abroad jobs, etc. People are smarter about breeding when educated, and are more money focused. Instead of providing govt. funded birth control, we need more open scholarship money, more public universities that don't cost a million dollars to attend, and more ways for people to have the resources available to further education.

• Jeff M

My thought was ,- - why?? Where did you hear such a stupid statement as that? If you reduce the number of people here, are you, or the teacher which gave such a stupid assignment going to get in line for a voluntary deceasement? Didn't think so. There are not too many people here, the problem is too much government, messing with the country, stealing whatever isn't nailed down, and taxing us into depression. Get rid of welfare, and that in itself will reduce births, Close up the borders, like so many other countries, if you don't have 50,000 in cash, you can't move here. The real problem here is we have gotten away from the principles of our founding fathers. God is not present in our schools, government, etc., If we were a God-fearing nation,as we were when it was founded, we could have a billion people, and there would be absolutely no problems, cause He would handle it for us. Hosea 4:6 tells us that "My people perish for lack of knowledge", Proverb 1:7 states that"The fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge, So, what is that? Proverb 8:13 tells us that"The fear of The Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance, and the evil way, and the perverse mouth I hate. So, to answer your question correctly, there aren't too many people, there's not enough "God".

well there is a few things that can be done but im pretty sure its unconstitutional. the first thing that they can do is make a law on about a woman can only give birth to one baby only. not that im fore it but a good thing that can happen from lowering the population is that our planent can live longer and surive without so many people out there brething and pollution to our earth

that is my opinion

well. people should explore soemthing else than their backyards if you know what im saying.

people need to travel and see different sides of the world.

i think limiting the population isnt possible, because people are going to do what they want anyway.

One thing that might limit the population growth is acceptance of abortion. many people keep their babies because they dont want to be judged.

people just need education

i don't wanna give you ideas i think it's slowly being reduced by serial killers who kill loadsa people then kill themselves and it seems to be catching on in europe germany greece and another country i think the more or less same thing has happened.but when global warming hits millions will die so that will reduce it but the question is when

Nuke it!

The serious answer is reduce immigration, on a one in - one out basis.

Every country should do the same, thus stabalising the economy and health bills and reducing poverty and drug related crime.

I am not a radical, more of a realist.

Source(s): Watching the UK go down the pan, five years after the US - that will never change!

Depends on how kind or evil you are I guess! lol In all reality there isn't many ways that aren't considered in some way unfair or wrong.

1) Forced contraception by tainting food, water, medicine

2) Campaigns, education, or propaganda discouraging promiscuous behaivor

3) Government sponsored financial incentives to not have children

4) Genetic research on how to lower male potency

5) Massive numbers of people sent to war

6) Massive numbers of deportation

I'm all out.

We're by far not the most densely populated country in the world.

genocide. or killing the first born son. These have been proven in history to reduce populations.

• JcL

Stop hiring illegals and seal the borders. Legal immigration is good, but we need to know who is coming in, and why. The illegals have more children in their families than Americans, so stopping them from coming in would help in two ways..