Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

High speed vibrations?

I own a '95 Celica GT with 90k miles and have been having a lot of issues lately....This one has to deal with high speed vibrations. I've always had a lot of vibration on the steering wheel and gas pedal at speeds in excess of 60 mph. I thought it was just the tires being out of balance. I was planning on getting new wheels/tires soon anyway though, so I didn't worry about it. Well, after gettting new wheels/tires (that came balanced) the problem did not resolve itself. What else could be causing the vibrational issues?

Favorite Answer

If it is on acceleration then it can be your cv shafts or output shaft on your transmission. If it is vibrating with or without acceleration then it can be bushings or tie rods. there is also a recall:

Campaign Number, Case:

Defect Report:

Recall Initiator:

Dates:

Date Owner Notified:

Vehicles:

No. Vehicles Recalled:

Noncompliance:

Consequence:

Corrective Action:

TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.

4860333

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE STEERING WHEEL SET NUT MAY

NOT HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENTLY TIGHTENED CAUSING STEERING VIBRATION AND

LOOSENESS.

THIS CAN RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL.

DEALERS WILL TIGHTEN THE STEERING WHEEL SET NUT.

Source(s): ase certified mechanic

both of the previous answers could be right.take the car to a out of the way road were you won't incounter a lot of trafic and get it up to speed and pop into neutral and if you feel on wheel but not on the pedals I would say cvc joint,or you can turn the wheel one way or the other all the way at a stop and give it some serious gas and if you hear clicking sounds it is a cvc joint.if you think you hear it you probably don't it is always been real noticable every time that I've done this.I hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK

Source(s): 30 yars wrenchin in back yard

coluld be a bad halfshaft or a broken engine mount

Source(s): I am a ASE certifed Master Tech and own my own shop for years
  • dani

it could also be

warped rotor when you break only

bearing is gettin bad

cv joint noticeable when turning