GPS to track DC Metro?

I'm making the move to the maryland-DC area and I plan on investing in a GPS device that will allow me to navigate between driving and walking. Is there a specific device that will allow me to find directions using public transport? Are their certain maps for just the Metro system?

Thanks for any help ... I appreciate it.

• Adam
    Favorite Answer

A map of the transit system can be found at the the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's website (below). The website also has a "Trip Planner" that will give you step-by-step directions on how to get to one location to another using transit.

Currently, Metro does not provide real-time transit data tracked by GPS. Eventually, users will be able to use a system called "NextBus" to determine the location of buses using GPS. However, there aren't any plans for that system to be integrated into other platforms such as GPS devices or web-based planners like Google Maps or Mapquest.