Teens in serious relationships?

Some people say that teenagers can't have serious relationships. Agree or disagree?

Are you in a serious relationship?

How long?

I disagree, there is a thing called high school sweethears. My aunt and uncle were high school sweethearts. So are a lot of my other family members.

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and month and I'm only 16. I can't really imagine dating anybody else right now.

Update:

sorry meant hearts*

not hears XD

Update 2:

Well, I would think if a teen was in a serious relationship then they'd be in love. I believe teens can be in love, too.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many people say that highschool lovers cant be lovers forever.

But i totally have to say i disagree. My Grandma and Grandpa met in middle school, haha.

Nobody knows how its gonna end up, but usually when people are in highschool, they usually think their relationship has to end soon. But its not true, i mean if you guys really care for each other and go on dating without any major problems, maybe you guys could be married in the future and looking back at your highschool yearbook together??

Source(s): im a Junior, and i've been dating my boyfriend since 7th grade~
  • 1 decade ago

I agree that teens can be in serious relationships... but I'm not sure about love yet. Ask me when I'm 90 lol :) But atm, I feel like I'm in love.

Yes, I am in a serious relationship atm. my bf and I have been together for 1 year and 7 months tomorrow.

I agree with you on the highschool sweethearts thing. My parents are too, and I know many other people that are too. But generally, highschool relationships aren't the most serious (eg 8th graders lol)

I belive that teens can love, but to what extent, I am unsure yet. As I said, ask me when I'm 90.

• 1 decade ago

I totally disagree. I'm in a serious relationship with my boyfriend. I was sixteen when we started dating. It's been one year and ten months. Our situation is a tad bit different though. See, he graduated on our one year anniversary. Nine days later, I said a tearful goodbye. He was off to boot camp to become a Marine. Out of the past ten months he has been in the Marines, we have seen each other for a total of twenty seven days. It's a bit rough, with my finishing my last year of high school and possibility of him being deployed, but I'm still with him, and plan to be with him. We AREN'T getting married while he is in the Marines. Instead, we plan on staying together, waiting until he gets out. I will be finishing up with college, and we will move in together. The Marines will be paying him about $1400 a month to go to school so we are good in that department. I guess I'm a tad bit different though since I am eighteen now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course high school kids can have serious relationships! Ive never heard anyone say otherwise actually.

However theres a difference between a serious relationship and being in love - which is what most people complain about :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm almost 17 & I've been dating my current boyfriend for 2 years & 4 months. Yes, teenagers can have serious relationships.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I disagree.

I've been with my boyfriend 8 months now, and we're both 16.. We were 15 when we started dating.

We've both changed so much, and accepted it. I can't imagine being with anyone else, I feel as if it would be weird to date another guy, and say the things I've said to him. As much as I hate him at times, I know I love him.

:)

• 1 decade ago

I agree, teenagers have thoughts, love, and emotion needs to express with an important person. I have been with my boyfriend for a half a year and hope to be with him like your aunt and uncle are.

• 1 decade ago

Disagree.

1 month.

He is amazing, mature, romantic, sweet and extremely and unbelievably nice.

I never want to leave him, he's so beautiful and I never want to lose him. I know he deserves better than me but he wants me and I want him.

• 1 decade ago

hey, my grandparent were high school sweethearts. its almost their 52nd anniversary

• 1 decade ago

i think u can fall in love at any age.

i fell in love when i was 12... </3

but i dont think anything last 4ever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.