could i be in the early stages of labor?

i am 38w2d pregnant and last night around 7pm, i started having bad pressure in my pelvic area. it grew increasingly worse and it lasted all night which made it very uncomfortable to sleep. when i woke up this morning i still felt it and it was uncomfortable to walk or stand. i wasn't having contractions yesterday but today i've had several BH an hour. they aren't too painful, but enough to get me to stop what i'm doing. the risky thing is, though, i can't go into full labor because i have a high risk of my uterus rupturing because of my first baby. so my question is how long should i wait before going to the hospital? thanks

oh and this is my third baby and i feel that he dropped last night as well. i'm carrying a lot lower than i was.

Favorite Answer

If I were you I would probably go to the hospital right away. If you don't want to go to the hospital just to be sent home at least call your doctor and see what they have to say. After all only you and the doctors can say what is best for you and your baby and they are probably more familiar with your body and what could happen. Good Luck and I hope all goes well for you.

I had similar pains when I was 35-36 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me the baby was engaging and that is where the pressure was coming from. My pains only lasted about 2 hours, but I thought I was going into labor.

I would let your doctor know because it sounds a little more complicated in your case.

Good Luck!

Eat all you like as once you are in labour they normally dont give you anything .. I was starving during labour and couldnt have anything when the baby was born i made my mum go to maccas !!!! Eating doesn't really have anything to do with early labour .. Id be eating all you can incase anything comes up in labour and then your really gunna be hungry if you haven't ate before ! Good Luck to you

it's probably the baby getting comfy in your pelvis, hence the pressure. Feel like a bowling ball is between your legs rather than your in your belly? Call your midwife/doc and give them a heads up. They know you better than we do. :) Congrats in advance!!

Hope your third comes faster than my third did!

You should go to the hospital now. Thats how mine was. It sounds like its just about time for your baby to come.

give your docter a call maybe she will check if you are ready

good luck...