Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Isn't ironic how liberals claim to support free speech while shouting down anyone who disagrees with them?

Just ask Tom Tancredo and what happened to him at UNC Chapel Hill.

Favorite Answer

They have that double standard thing down, thats for sure.

i do not comprehend. were liberals attempting to carry you back from the keyboard once you typed that? No? Then what contained in the heck are you speaking about? the position are an truly good type of those NaziLiberals? Are liberals banning or burning books, is that it? Or the liberals are wiretapping those who accept as true with Bush? Out with it! you've were given freedom of speech! no prefer to leap round what you prefer to say!

Yeah, the liberals are looking pretty bad about now. Most of them that I know aren't paying any attention and just continue to bring up this whacky-**** ideas in political debates as they are assuming that everything is okay since Obama is the President now. I don't think that these sorry excuses for conservatives that we have in the spotlight right now are any better. These Republicans aka Neocons are just as bad and actually appear to be bitter about the fact that they are no longer in power. Of course, they are putting on a show as both teams are working for bank of the world and they have just conned millions of Americans into ACTUALLY THINKING that they are part of these parties. Really, both of them are the same. The liberals are appearing to be more arrogant about now, but imagine if McCain won that tossed election. There would be 100X more Dems whining than Republicans are currently--I am sure of that, but it would ultimately be the same.

Yes. However, "shouting down" is also a form of free speech. It's ironic but not hypocritical.

It's not even as "ironic" as conservatives that claim to support free speech while expressing a desire to KILL anyone that disagrees with them.

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." (Ann Coulter in a New York Observer interview, 8/20/2002)

Conservatives who claim to be all about freedom shout down people who disagree with them all the time. Why should they have a lock on that? ∠°)

I believe free speech is the right of everyone.

I also know that when the shoe was on the other foot for 8 years....Conservatives weren't so open-minded then either.

"Free speech" is not the talk of RIGHT-WING EXTREMISTS.

Definition of the Right (aka right-wing) from Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (10th ed.): 8 a. individuals professing opposition to change in the established order and favoring traditional attitudes and practices and sometimes advocating the forced establishment of an authoritarian order...b. a conservative position.

Yeah. You tell me who's the real threat.

Liberals are only interested in freedom of speech when it agrees with them.

I think it's ironic that the conservatives cry and whine all the time.

• RU486

Free speech does not include abortion clinic violence and hate crimes against gay people, immigrants, atheists, Pagans, Muslims, Hindus, etc. Spew as much verbal hatred as you want, no one is stopping you.