Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

How lame is this dialogue in X-Men by Storm?

'You know what happens to a toad when lightning strikes it?'

I'm holding my breath at this point, she's going to say something bad. But she says,

'The same thing that happens to everything else.'

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the worse line i ever heard. I though she was going to say some cruel stuff before she zaps toad, then the total let down.

• Login to reply the answers
  • GK Dub
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Haha! I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first saw that movie in the theater. I was really waiting to see what the punchline was, and we get "the same thing that happens to everything else." It was a good movie, but that line is HORRIBLE. I can't believe Halle Berry or Bryan Singer didn't object to that. It's gotta be one of the worst lines in a movie ever. It even would've been better if she said "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning," and then just zapped him.

• 1 decade ago

I thought the exact same thing, but I also thought maybe she was going to say something clever after "The same thing that happens to everything else,and boom...nothing. I was like ok that was retarded

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You really can't expect genius, since they did cast Halle Berry as Storm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That was a lame quote, I recently watched X-Men with my wife and after Storm said that she looked at me and with a puzzled look said to me ''What was that all about?''

• IMO
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well...it's still bad...I guess. LOL If you were the writer, maybe we could have all seen some cool effects where she says..."he explodes in green slime"...or..."grab an umbrella"...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hehe, they did hire Halle Berry as Storm, what else was to be expected! lol.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3314825/

• 1 decade ago

It's great you're waiting for a big reveal and then ..... nothing

• 1 decade ago

Yea, it's unaminous. That line did suck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.