Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

How lame is this dialogue in X-Men by Storm?

'You know what happens to a toad when lightning strikes it?'

I'm holding my breath at this point, she's going to say something bad. But she says,

'The same thing that happens to everything else.'

Favorite Answer

the worse line i ever heard. I though she was going to say some cruel stuff before she zaps toad, then the total let down.

• GK Dub

Haha! I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first saw that movie in the theater. I was really waiting to see what the punchline was, and we get "the same thing that happens to everything else." It was a good movie, but that line is HORRIBLE. I can't believe Halle Berry or Bryan Singer didn't object to that. It's gotta be one of the worst lines in a movie ever. It even would've been better if she said "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning," and then just zapped him.

I thought the exact same thing, but I also thought maybe she was going to say something clever after "The same thing that happens to everything else,and boom...nothing. I was like ok that was retarded

You really can't expect genius, since they did cast Halle Berry as Storm.

That was a lame quote, I recently watched X-Men with my wife and after Storm said that she looked at me and with a puzzled look said to me ''What was that all about?''

• IMO

Well...it's still bad...I guess. LOL If you were the writer, maybe we could have all seen some cool effects where she says..."he explodes in green slime"...or..."grab an umbrella"...

Hehe, they did hire Halle Berry as Storm, what else was to be expected! lol.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3314825/

It's great you're waiting for a big reveal and then ..... nothing

Yea, it's unaminous. That line did suck.