What is the name of this solitaire card game?

You hold the deck in one hand (back toward you) and flip a card over. When you get 2 cards of the same suit that are separated by 2 other cards, you pull out those 2 middle cards and discard. If 2 cards are the same number value with 2 other cards between, you take all 4 out and discard them. My Mom taught me that game years ago and I've never known the name.

It's not Accordian, that one you lay the cards out on a table...the game I'm asking about, you hold the deck in your hand.

• Kenny
    Favorite Answer

The game sounds a lot like Royal Marriage. One difference seems to be that when 2 cards are of the same number value with 2 other cards in between, you take all 4 out and discard them. In Royal Marriage when 2 cards are of the same number value, you only take out the two cards between them. Also in Royal Marriage if a single card is between two cards of the same suit or rank, that single card can be discarded.

By the way the version of Accordion where all the cards are exposed at the beginning of the game is very winnable. In fact almost every game is winnable. This version of Accordion, which is far more interesting than the version where cards are dealt one at a time, can be found at the BVS Solitaire, Patience Pack, and Solitaire Innovations websites.

I think you are referring to Accordion Solitaire. This version is one of the hardest solitaire versions to win. In fact it is almost impossible.

I believe it is called Accordion Solitaire but very difficult