Andrea
Lv 6
Andrea asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Ron Paul says we should hire mercenaries to deal with the Somali Pirates?

He says as long as they obey maritime law that we should let the mercenaries deal with them and give them a taste of their own medicine. What do you think?

Update:

aimc, the private shipping co.'s are not allowed to have weapons onboard, how stupid is that. Maybe the shipping co's can hire the mercs

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They should change the laws so that these merchant ships can protect themselves. Imagine how the pirates would feel if they used their grenade launchers and return fire from LAWS Rockets started heading their way.

Mercenaries are also a good idea, shoot first and ask questions later, it would not take long to get rid of all the pirates or should I say terrorists on water.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I had answered a similar question earlier the use of contract mercenaries is an excellent plan.

Sending American merchant ships into hostile waters unarmed makes no sense at all.

• 1 decade ago

This would be a fiasco unless the mercenaries were on board each and every ship that sailed in that area. It would be successful if the pirates are attacked from each and every ship that they tried to capture because mercenaries would be on board.

If the mercenaries have their own boats, it would be a disaster because it would become a war zone.

Needless to say, piracy would abruptly end over night.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Either that or the UN could disguise ships as merchant ships and pull off "sting operations." When pirates attack the phony ships they would be caught and prosecuted by armed forces.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Screw that, the privatized shipping companies should hire private security companies like Ze Black Water. Tax payers should not pay the bill, this is a privatized industry problem.

• $
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I agree. It is a good living being merc.

• Ron Paul should have been in the office right now.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds good to me. Much cheaper too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If we lease the state of Texas to Blackwater, we could use it as a forward staging base to annex Somalia.

• 1 decade ago

This is how we did it in the past. Seems logical to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.