Chloe
Chloe asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Have you ever seen the movies "Kids" or "Thirteen"?

They are both super disturbing but so realistic. I think "Thirteen" glamorizes using drugs though a bit. I found out by 10 year-old sister watched it and I was shocked. She liked the movie and I find that also disturbing. I'm not saying I don't like the movies but they are inappropriate for anyone under 13 I think. I believe both are "R" rated, if they aren't, they should be. I don't know how my sister rented it! If you've seen "Thirteen" and really liked it, watch "Kids". If you've seen both, which do you like better? I don't think anything can beat "Kids". I loved Chloe Sevigny in that movie. The actresses in "Thirteen" were great too.

Favorite Answer

Ive never watched Kids, but i do want to.

i love thirteen though!

if anybody likes sad movies about the life of youths today, watch 'odd girl out' on youtube.

Seen both, I think I prefer Thirteen, the characters are easier to like. I did feel thirteen was slightly exploitative but the same can be said for Kids. I don't think either film represents the majority of teenagers either.

I don't think either should be watched by children as young as 10. Kids might put the fear into them though.

Thirteen isnt realistic for the majority of teens, but it is for the teens going through what those girls went through. Also, symbolically, it can stand for any obstacle, maybe not as extreme as drugs and sex, but any problem a child in need goes through and cant deal with. Ive never seen kids, but I did see Thirteen when I was 13 and I realized how good I had life. :)

Source(s): experiannnce

Those films are pretty extreme, not exactly realistic, more a "worst case scenerio" both films are rated R, I prefer Kids over Thirteen. If you like Kids check out director Larry Clark's other films, they are all teens in extreme situation. Another Day in Paradise and Bully were amazing.

I like this movie. I especially like the scene in the bar when he dances with all the women. To see him move even in the huge coat is a delight. The rest of the actors are fine, too. I am another one who loves the music from this movie. The line "I am not that kind of angel" is one of the best things he said.

Seen both films. They are great, but I like Thirteen more.

I thought Thirteen was really good.

Even Rachel Wood is one of my favourite actresses.

I haven't seen kids though.

I have thirteen on dvd thats my favorite movie

Kids is a good movie.

i've seen "Thirteen", but i've never heard of "Kids"