Why don't people believe in Global Warming?

Is our society that blind to what is going on around us?? What has been going on around us for a long time, the pollution, the toxic waste, the excess garbage in our land fills. It is all unnecessary. We should be so much more advanced than this. We should be so much more proactive and not so lazy as a society. We... show more Is our society that blind to what is going on around us?? What has been going on around us for a long time, the pollution, the toxic waste, the excess garbage in our land fills. It is all unnecessary. We should be so much more advanced than this. We should be so much more proactive and not so lazy as a society. We have a beautiful planet and we don't take care of it the way we should. I try to do my part, but I to ofton hear people say "that we cant change it now", "we wont be around for it to effect us". "recycling, getting a better car, none of this will help" But it has evected us and just imagine if everyone did something just one of the many things we can do....

Does anyone have: Energy Star appliances, changed out your light bulbs, invested in a more fuel efficient car, Do you recycle. Does anyone out there care, if not for yourself but for your children?????