I can't stop eating, why is that?

I am currently vegan, and i eat the right foods but my problem is i consume to many calories.. I even came up with this idea of planning my meals the night before i ate them so i would not over eat but that did not help, i do not know what to do, the thing is even when i was not vegan, whenever i eat something... show more I am currently vegan, and i eat the right foods but my problem is i consume to many calories..

I even came up with this idea of planning my meals the night before i ate them so i would not over eat but that did not help, i do not know what to do, the thing is even when i was not vegan, whenever i eat something and it tastes good i crave it alot..and tend to eat large amounts of it..for example I love spanish rice with pinto beans and salsa, but i eat like three bowls in one day i also like almonds and prunes, i eat a whole bag in two days...i am skinny but trying to loose weight around my tummy area because it is a little big, so what do i do..
Today i planned on eating..
cheerios
whole wheat toast, 1 slice
water
apples
rice and beans
salad
half a cup of almonds and dried cranberries
this was for the whole day..
i ended up eating all that and 1 banana, pita bread with tofu scramble, soy milk, a bunch of prunes, a whole lot of almonds plus cranberries and a few dates...i want to learn how to eat small portions of food and not over eat, and not crave anything, how do i tell my self to stop eating and make myself listen...