Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

I can't stop eating, why is that?

I am currently vegan, and i eat the right foods but my problem is i consume to many calories..

I even came up with this idea of planning my meals the night before i ate them so i would not over eat but that did not help, i do not know what to do, the thing is even when i was not vegan, whenever i eat something and it tastes good i crave it alot..and tend to eat large amounts of it..for example I love spanish rice with pinto beans and salsa, but i eat like three bowls in one day i also like almonds and prunes, i eat a whole bag in two days...i am skinny but trying to loose weight around my tummy area because it is a little big, so what do i do..

Today i planned on eating..

cheerios

whole wheat toast, 1 slice

water

apples

rice and beans

salad

half a cup of almonds and dried cranberries

this was for the whole day..

i ended up eating all that and 1 banana, pita bread with tofu scramble, soy milk, a bunch of prunes, a whole lot of almonds plus cranberries and a few dates...i want to learn how to eat small portions of food and not over eat, and not crave anything, how do i tell my self to stop eating and make myself listen...

• LORD Z
    Favorite Answer

Because you are hungry.

You have two healthy substitutes for eating: water and exercise.

Water will flush your system, speeding up your metabolism and allowing you to excrete all you eat.

Exercise will help you out even more burning up the calories you take in during the day but you need to think exercise last eat first so that you burn up calories effectively.

Next, lose the Cheerios, Toast and rice and they are not good for you in the long run.

See if you can find do do beans, they are filling but they do not stay with you like many beans.

Kill the nuts also. They can stay in your intestines for weeks.

Use the prunes for breakfast or perhaps the dates.

Mix the tofu with the beans and lose the scramble for lunch.

For dinner take the cranberries and place them in you green salad with no dressing except perhaps some lemon juice and don't forget a little celery to help you relax.

Again drink as much water as you can, around 64 ounces a day and hopefully before 8 each night so that when you rest you digest and convert all you ate to energy.

That is a start.

The other idea is smaller dishes. Most dietitians suggest this to keep you visually satisfied mentally.

But don't forget use the exercise. Diet without exercise will not make a big difference. Diet with exercise will shed pounds rapidly.

Good luck.

• .x

Well, that list isn't nearly enough food for a day? If you're setting unrealistic/unreasonable goals or limits for yourself you will probably fail, which is actually a good thing. If you ate like that every day you'd get pretty sick. I think the amount you ate sounds relatively normal honestly. What amount of calories are you trying to eat on a daily basis?

Also that plan is not particularly nutritious. Maybe you have some vitamin deficiencies that are giving you cravings for certain foods?

could be a number of things like- boredom depression stress tape worm or maybe your not eating the right foods. if you are just picking at stupid little snacks (empty calories) then maybe that's why your still hungry. but sometimes i get like that, when i eat and eat and i never feel full, by the next day i'm ok again. hope i've helped. remember if your hungry go for fruit rather than sugary fatty foods :)

• LineQ

I have the same problem, but now I have been getting it under control. Sometimes it's due to high metabolism or stress. But you may be stressed, and food is the only way to deal with it. You may not be aware of this. Here are some tips you can try:

1. Eat a big healthy breakfast and try to incorporate bran or whole grain into it. A lot of fiber tends to curb the appetite.

2. Chew trident sugarless gum in between meals, or if there is such a thing as vegan gum.

3. Exercise usually curbs the appetite and helps alleviate stress.

4. Drink a full glass of 8oz water and add lemons to it. Natural lemons juice is suppose to curb the appetite too.

Once you eating smaller portions for lunch and dinner, your body will adjust to this routine and then it will be easier for you.

Again, big breakfast, small lunch and dinner. Drink a full glass of lemon water before you eat anything, Also add a whole grain toast before your main meal after you drink your lemon water. Again, whole grain and bran foods have fiber that gets you feeling full fast. So eat this before your meals along with your lemon water.

Do you solely cram what's healthy down your throat? I can only accumulate two options for you...

- Exercise, if so, exercise MORE!

- Eat FIBER!!

Fiber will not only fill you up but help with your digestion. Yes, eat rice, but eat brown rice. If you know you overeat a certain food, don't eat it. If you can't just NOT eat the food, don't purchase the food. If you have cravings and nothing to splurge the cravings on then they'll go away on their own.

In addition, you eat nothing that sustains for a long period of time. You need almonds (or any kind of nut) for the MUFA (Mono-unsaturated fats) throughout all of your meals, not just as a snack. Black Olives are also good MUFAs which can make you feel less hungry.

MUFA is a very essential part of a good diet, especially if you are a vegan.

• nila

Nevermind how much you eat.Spend those calories by a proper work out.Either you can jog or brisk walk for 1hr or dance or aerobics for 1hr etc...

Do pranayama&kriya yoga daily.Yoga helps in your mind control process.

For tummy reduction, do this exercise twice daily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fU_8kJeXeE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=AB21C4195AC267E5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24

You are growing and your body needs food to satisfy your metabolism is what Will says

Source(s): Will

You may have an eating disorder. Seek professional help from someone that is specialized in overeating. That may help you a lot.

welcome my friend to the world of the foodie. God said enjoy my provisions and they tasted good indeed