Lots of Web Design Questions, help?

Alright, I take a great interest in computer related things such as programming, creating web sites, etc. I am currently in a web 1 class in my highschool and have learned Html(I previously knew) and are getting into dreamweaver. Now, my school offers and Web 2 class but really doesn't step into any new... show more Alright, I take a great interest in computer related things such as programming, creating web sites, etc. I am currently in a web 1 class in my highschool and have learned Html(I previously knew) and are getting into dreamweaver. Now, my school offers and Web 2 class but really doesn't step into any new topics, just desing curriculum based web sites with dreamweaver. Now I am thinking about going to college to be a web designer, I am fully aware that relying fully on a WYSIWYG editor will not cut it. What do I need to learn yet? Should I learn how to hand code CSS, PhP, Javascript(I can already program in other languages shoud not be hard to pick up), ASPX, and how should I go about learning about servers such APACHE or SQL/MySql? If I do choose to go to college for web design what am i going to want major/minor in? (I specilze in the design/layout if that helps?) Also I dislike the fact that my school does not teach how to design our own templates by designing sections of it in photoshop and slicing it. How can I go about learning to create my own templates by using this process? Also, for my senior project I am remaking the schools wrestling site and are purchasing Adobe Dreamweaver cs3 for my own use at home. Photoshop cs3 is a little to pricy for my budget are there any other reliable programs like photoshop I can use to the same or almost the same extent?
Thanks,
Dms1ckwit1t
Update: Thanks for your reply, its been helpful :D
3 answers 3